The Passionate Vigilante

Summary: When something threatens to hurt you, the person Wanda loves the most, the Scarlet Witch gets into overprotective mode.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: minor homophobia but other than that it's just fluff

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

It was no secret that Wanda has lost everything. First her parents, then her home, then Pietro. Every loss hit her hard to the point where she started to think it would be better if she just gave up the good things, knowing life would always manage to take them away from her. But then she met you.

There was this coffee shop near the Avengers Tower she goes very often and on this particular day it was very crowded. She managed to get a table, though, and there she was, drinking her tea and reading her book.

- Excuse me. - Your voice caught her attention. - May I sit here with you? The other tables are taken and I noticed you were alone so... - You stop yourself, quite intimidated by the gaze of the gorgeous woman in front of you. Thinking you may have offended her or something you start to speak again. – Unless you're waiting for someone, which is totally fine! Sorry, I just...

- No, that's okay. – She says, signaling for you to sit down. Her voice is soft and sends shivers all over your body. You smile and she smiles too, a soft flush forming on her cheeks.

You soon discovered that she was really shy, and she soon realized you were very talkative, but that's okay because she really likes to hear you speak.

Before long, these coffee meetings become more frequent and longer and you get to know about each other's lives. You learn that she is an Avenger and curse yourself for not recognizing her sooner, but she finds your surprise and embarrassment endearing. She learns that you are only two years younger than her and that you were a high school senior.

When you have to pause your meetings (that you were too shy to call them dates) because she had gone on a mission, you are surprised with how much you miss her. And when you see her again and she asks if you want to be her girlfriend you say yes and the both of you share a goofy, happy smile. And when she kisses you for the first time, you spill coffee on your chemistry assignment, but you couldn't care less about it.

You laugh and cry together. And you feel like there's no one in this world that knows you better. And Wanda feels like she would do absolutely anything to protect you. That's how you get on today's day.

Wanda was already sitting on the table you always shared at the coffee shop when you arrive. You mumble a soft hey and wipe the tears in your eyes. When Wanda notices them, her face is full with concern.

- What happened, my love? – She asks, intertwining her hands your yours.

- Nothing, really. – You answer, sighing deeply in an attempt to make the tears stop falling. – Just those guys again.

- What did they do? – She asks clenching her jaw. There were these kids on your school that she was well aware of. It was very common for you to show up upset or crying after they did something to you and her heart would always ache because she wasn't able to help you.

- Nothing, they just called me names again.

- Stop saying it was nothing, look at your state. – She retorts, tender but firm.

- It's okay now, babe, you're here with me. - You offers her a small smile, placing your hands on her cheeks and kissing her in reassurance.

She just nods, knowing you just wanted to let this go and soon the two of you start talking about other things. After a while, she feels relived to see that you were feeling better. But it didn't last long though, because when you look at the door, you quickly look back at the table shrugging your shoulders.

When she gazes at the place you were looking at before, she sees three guys your age eyeing you meanly. The anger starts do take over her.

- Hey, hey, hey. What are you doing? – You ask placing your hand on top of hers, stopping her from getting up.

- I'm gonna go there. – She says as if it was obvious and you chuckle in disbelief.

- And then what? You'll threat them like some kind of vigilante? – You ask and when you notice that she is considering the idea you giggle. – Honey, you can't do that.

She sighs knowing your right and risks another glance at the boys.

- Come on. – You say, getting up and offering your hand for her to take. – Let's go somewhere else, okay?

She nods taking your hand and placing a kiss on your cheek before you two leave the coffee shop. As you walk out, though, the group follows you.

- Dyke. – One of the boys says and the other two laugh at the comment.

As the group walked way and Wanda noticed the hurt expression on your face, the witch felt her body boiling with rage.

- Hey! – She shouts at the group, who looks back at the two of you. You squeeze her hand and mumbles for her to stop, but Wanda is too furious to listen. – Stay away from my girlfriend.

She says dangerously, walking towards the boys. Her accent stronger than it usually was. The boys don't seem to take her seriously, until her eyes start glowing red and she moves her fingers making a red energy appear around them.

You watch the scene with an incredulous smile as the boys turn around and starts to walk fast, looking completely terrified.

- That was pretty impressive. – You say walking towards her and holding her hand.

- I'm not done yet. – She says with raised eyebrows. She flickers her hand that's not holding yours and a light red energy appears on it. At the same time, the shoelaces from the three boys are magically untied. They all fall with their faces on the ground, completely unaware of what just happened.

An unstoppable laugh escapes your mouth and Wanda can't help but laugh along to the contagious sound. She looks at you, admiring you with all the love and care she has.

Yeah, she would be your vigilante.