Vetiti

[A/N: Hello my lovely readers! Here is the next installment for you all! I hope you're loving the playlist and the story so far! I love you all and hope you enjoy this next chapter! -K 🖤]

[🌌This chapter contains angst.🌌]
***
"Absolutely unacceptable." My mother broke the silence from the elongated dining room table with a bitter tone and gritted voice. My father, who sat at the respected end of the table, worriedly glanced between myself and my mother, whose eyes never left her plate of miscellaneous breakfast items.

My father, after sending a concerned expression towards me, cleared his throat and returned his utensils to the table as he reached for my mother's hand gently. "My beautiful Queen, what has you so bothered this early in the morning?" He questioned, running his thumb over her knuckles softly as he spoke.

She tightened her jaw and finally rested her hard stare on me as I quietly sat across from her. "Was it worth it? Disobeying direct orders and fraternizing with the Resistance pilot throughout the night?" She scoffed, removing her napkin from her lap as my mouth opened in shock. "Don't act coy, nor surprised, (Y/N). Ever since he's landed, you've been outlandishly disobedient and out rightly acting in insubordination! Might I remind you that tomorrow is the gala and you have countless suitors who will attend for the chance to dance with you? To contend for your hand?"

"My lovely Queen..." My father began caressing her hand even softer to ease her worries and irate mood. She suddenly dropped his hand and pushed away from the table, now standing defensively as she angrily stared at me.

"You are the Princess of Interitus, heiress to the planet and the kingdom's galaxy. Everything that you've been trained and conditioned for will all be for naught because of your whimsical desire to play out this forbidden fantasy with a pilot from the rebels!" She slammed her hands onto the wooden table, shaking the delicate utensils and glass amenities, and causing me to flinch in response. "To make this entire situation worse, your father, the King has lied to me on your behalf!"

I released a sob at hearing her voice raise in aggressive octaves. "I-I'm sorry, Mother." I whispered, dreading this moment where she somehow discovered my treachery against her.

"I don't want your foolish and ingenuinely crafted apologies!" She harshly returned, fire burning in her staring eyes. "I have raised you better than this. The people will look up to a leader they can trust, not a promiscuous and dishonest deceiver who is so easily moved by a pilot she just met!"

My trembling hands removed my napkin from the lap of my soft orange colored dress that I had hurriedly changed into before running downstairs to the first meal of the day. Poe and I'd flight lasted throughout the night and I made it back with mere minutes to spare before breakfast. "I just wanted to see the stars, Mother..."

"Enough! There's no reason for you to see the stars when you will remain on Interitus for the rest of your life. You will live here. You will reign here." She quipped, adjusting the dark crimson sleeves of her dress. "I, Queen Venustas Bellica of Interitus, hereby forbid Princess (Y/N) Bellica from interacting nor engaging with pilot Poe Dameron for the rest of his duration here. Vetiti."

I covered my mouth and shook my head vigorously and in defiance of her proclamation. I needed to see Poe. I only wanted to spend more time with him. "Please, Mother! Please don't do this!" I begged, also standing from my seat and weeping as she held out her hand in a final decision. 

"It is finished." She reprimanded, squinting her eyes in indignant irritation. "Tomorrow night, the night of your gala, will be the final night that he is on Interitus. He is being replaced by another pilot from the Resistance per my request." She hurriedly turned around and began to walk down the length of the table towards the corridor out of the dining area.