~Prank War P3 (Keefex)~

Part three!!!

Read the other parts first, please!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Dex's POV✩

I gazed out the rain covered window as freezing cold rain dripped down from the sky, making a pitter patter sound against the hard glass. I sipped my warm cup of cinnacreme and closed my eyes, listening to the relaxing rhythm of the rain against glass and tasting the white chocolate and cinnamon swirl of the drink in my hands.

But as the rain progressed, there was another sound. A louder clinking against the window, happening every few seconds. I tried to ignore it as I grew more irritated, but eventually when I realized the sound wouldn't stop I opened my eyes and looked at my window.

Wait, that wasn't rain. I examined the little things against the window, slamming against the glass for every clinking sound. Rocks.

I walked toward the arched window and opened the dark blue curtains, peering out of the drenched window to see a blonde boy in an ice blue raincoat pelting my window with tiny pebbles.

Rolling my eyes, I opened the window to receive a gust of rain blown to the face from the wind. "Come to the front door!" I yelled before closing the window and dashing to the door, throwing on some comfy slippers over my socks.

"About time you heard me," Keefe said as I unlocked the door to my house. His wet face grinned at me as he hung his coat next to the three smaller ones dangling from the coat hooks. "I was almost out of rocks."

"Do you know what an Imparter is?" I fired back. "Maybe use one sometime."

"But rocks are so much more fun!" Keefe argued cheerfully, running his hands through his doused blonde hair.

"Not for the reason who's getting them thrown at their window," I retorted at Keefe, but the truth is, I was kind of hoping he would come. I was getting bored sitting inside, looking out the window at raindrops. One gets sick of it from time to time.

"You're no fun," Keefe complained, drying the bottoms of his boots on the cobalt blue mat at the door.

"I am!" I protested. "But even the funnest of the fun sometimes don't want people throwing rocks at their window."

"Funnest isn't a word," Keefe informed me.

"Hey, correcting people's grammar is my job," I snapped playfully.

"Exactly, that's why I do it," Keefe whispered in my ear huskily, making my face turn bright red.

"Don't do that, that's, like, SUPER creepy," I complained.

"Aww, come on!" Keefe said, his voice thankfully returning to its normal sound. "It's super fun! Plus, it's fun to embarrass you."

"Maybe for you." I glared at him murderously.

"Glad we agree on that!" Keefe exclaimed happily. "Anyways, I came up with an idea for a potion."

I tipped my head to the side. "Oh, cool, what is it?"

"So, here me out, how about a potion that turns hair purple with yellow spots?" Keefe said excitedly. "Oh, this is going to be great!"

"I could try," I said. "But the spots would be pretty hard to do. Give me a moment." I rushed to my room, grabbing a couple small vials of alchemy ingredients. Examining them for a moment, an idea popped into my mind.

"Hey, Keefe, I think I figured out how to do this!" I called from my room. Keefe dashed inside, darting to my table of potions and gadgets.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah, let me just..." I filled a tall glass with axmeralatine, then dappled the thick, purple liquid with spots of tombiumine, a yellowish milky substance to achieve the spotted look. Taking the potion carefully in hand, I tiptoed to the human freezer, safely putting the potion in a tight compartment that was reserved for potions only.

"I think we did it," I whispered, closing the freezer door. Keefe's eyes widened with glee before he threw his arms around him and spun me around.

"We did it!!" Keefe squealed, unaware of the pinkish hue coloring my cheeks as I felt his hands on my waist.

"Oh, hey, Dex! You finally got a boyfriend," a small ginger haired girl exclaimed. Bex zoomed over to Keefe, extending her hand for him to shake.

"I'm Bex Dizznee, the cooler one," she said cheerfully as Keefe awkwardly shook her hand.

"Um, Bex, we're not dating," I interrupted, facepalming my bright pink face into my hand.

"Oh! Really? Sorry," Bex replied, not seeming sorry at all. "Nice to meet you anyways."

Keefe grinned. "I like you, you're cool," he said, shaking Bex's hand.

"Ditto," Bex said. "Oh, and Dex? Don't touch that apple human dessert in the fridge!" Bex ran off to play with her siblings as a grin expanded on my face.

"I am so eating those apple thingies," I snickered. "You want one?" I turned to Keefe, hoping he'd forgotten our awkward encounter with the Wild Bex.

"Why not?" Keefe said, reaching into the fridge and taking out the wrapped apple dessert Bex stole from a bakery in the Forbidden Cities.

"I'm sorry about Bex," I mumbled, looking away from Keefe to hide my embarrassment.

"It's fine. Sometimes I wish I had a little sibling..." Keefe gazed out the window at the pouring rain dampening the cold snow, his eyes glazed with sorrow and longing.

"Trust me, you don't want one," I reassured, grabbing Keefe's hand with my own. "They suck."

"Maybe for you," Keefe mumbled. "But with Da- er, Cassius, it feels a little lonely sometimes."

I smiled sadly. "A couple days with the triplets and you'll be running back to him in no time." I popped a slice of the apple dessert into my mouth.

"I doubt it," Keefe chuckled, but there was a pang of sadness in his voice that made me want to hug him.

"Think of Rimeshire as your second family," I offered. "Like, the triplets are the annoying little siblings you never had." I watched the rain slowly loosen its hold on the snowy mountains as the rain pitter patters became lighter and more gentle.

"You really mean that?" Keefe asked him, turning toward me. His ice blue eyes held something nobody has ever looked at me with before. Was that gratitude, or something else? I couldn't tell, and I didn't care. I just wrapped my arms around Keefe, burying my head into his shoulder.

"Of course," I whispered into his ear, listening to his silent sobs as tears slowly trickled down his face like the now gentle rain outside.