(139) Executive Assistant Zhou Facepalmed

Over at Shengshi Entertainment.

Starting early that morning, the atmosphere was very dispirited around the office.

Even the female employees, who normally enjoyed gossiping, pretended to be working hard with their tails tucked between their legs.

Naturally, not talking didn’t mean there weren’t other means of communication.

They’d first check their surroundings. When the coast was cleared, they clicked open the QQ group chat screen from the upper right corner of their computer screen.

The CEO seemed to be in a bad mood today. That’s so scary.

Did he have a fight with his girlfriend? Not even concealers could cover up the dark circles under his eyes.

Psst, are you telling me that you can tell whether he’s wearing concealer?

Of course, I’ve got good eyes!

Speaking of, which brand makes the best concealer?

And the subject quickly digressed…

Executive Assistant Zhou, who was also part of the group: “……”

These people have absolutely no idea! Had they known what the CEO had said to him over the phone the night before, they would all drop dead of shock!

Never mind. It’s best to pretend that he didn’t see any of the discussion.

------------------------

There was a meeting later that day. Representatives from Xinri Media would be coming over to discuss the contract on “The Enemies Are Approaching” with the Investment and Production Department.

The front desk had just called and alerted him that the representatives from Xinri Media had already arrived. Executive Assistant Zhou knew to inform their CEO of that as well.

Executive Assistant Zhou could still remember clearly how their CEO behaved the day Lin Yiyi and her crew visited Shengshi Entertainment.

And the CEO even talked about replacing Meng Yan in “The Enemies Are Approaching” the night before …

What did that tell him?

It told him that their CEO cared about this!

Meng Yan was Lin Yiyi’s ex-husband.

Executive Assistant Zhou noticed that their CEO was unresponsive toward what he had just told him and just carried on reading the documents in front of him.

He took a look at the time…

The representatives should be in the elevator by now.

Five more minutes had passed. They should have arrived at the Investment and Production Department by now.

Just when he was counting down the time silently, he saw the CEO stood up all of a sudden.

Before Executive Assistant Zhou could get too excited over it, he saw Lu Xun stood there for three seconds before he sat back down.

Executive Assistant Zhou: “……”

So, were you going to go or not?

And that was the exact same thing that was going through Lu Xun’s mind as well.

He had no idea if Lin Yiyi would be there today.

So, should he go or not go?

All she said was to not go over to her place again, right? She didn’t say he couldn’t see her.

But if he went to see her, he would feel that he was stooping too low.

Lu Xun stood up again.

This time he at least took a few steps and walked over to the couch before he sat back down.

Executive Assistant Zhou felt that he was being pricked by many needles. “……”

What was wrong with their CEO?

Hold it right there! It was wrong of him to think that of their CEO!

Finally, having finished preparing himself mentally, Lu Xun decided to take the first step.

He opened up his office door and walked out.

It took Executive Assistant Zhou, who was still standing at the same spot, a little while before he could comprehend what had just happened and quickly followed behind Lu Xun.

When the two of them arrived at the conference room over at the Investment and Production Department, they could see through the glass door that Manager Xiang was sitting across from Manager Tao of Xinri Media along, with their respective assistants next to them, having a good conversation.

There was no Lin Yiyi inside…

A great sense of disappointment washed over Lu Xun like a tidal wave.

Even though he had considered the possibility of her not being there today, he was still very distressed when he saw that she was missing with his own eyes.

Suddenly, a voice came from behind him.

“Why are you standing out here?”

The voice sounded very familiar.

Lu Xun turned toward the voice…

That’s when he saw Lin Yiyi walking over to him.

“I just went to the bathroom.” Lin Yiyi smiled and asked again, “So, why are you standing out here?”

He was standing outside the door and peeking inside nervously like a fool looking for gold.

It was almost comical to watch.

Her smile was still the same as always…

Lu Xun, nonetheless, felt that something else had stirred inside of him…

“You…” Not knowing what to say, these words suddenly came out of his mouth. “You have two dark circles under your eyes!”

Lin Yiyi’s smile froze all of a sudden.

Executive Assistant Zhou facepalmed.