No-one To be Homesick For

It's been a... busy past couple days.

With Phil joining the household its gotten a bit more complicated- sleeping arrangements, food arrangements- who does what chores, who steps on who's toes while trying to do those chores.

The old bird was quick to start preparations on a house extension, mainly just planning as of now, no actual work being done.

It was made apparent that he hated getting in people's way, and hated people getting in his way.

He's a free spirit. He can't take being confined.

Much less with three other bodies on top of him.

So it's just been eventful.

Especially after Phil tore down Tommy's cobblestone tower.

That was a mess.

But Phil said it ruined the tundra aesthetic and Techno agreed and said it lowered his property value.

Pfft. A gigantic mess.

Phil ran out today on a supplies trip, saying he'll be back with materials for expansions, Techno didn't follow after him, said something about running low on firewood and waved the blond man off to do his own thing.

Similarly, Tommy had been getting really into random arts and crafts, and had locked everyone out of the basement while he worked on 'a big project.'

Probably just a poorly replicated dick and balls.

But you won't judge before you see the finished product.

Everyone was busy.

Which left you, having organized and cleaned and did everything you possibly could inside, alone.

You didn't want the weird, and restless feeling to stir back up in you- the one that arose back when you were injured.

The one that told you to flee, to go searching for someone.

You really didn't want it.

But it was there.

That restless, itchy feeling.

You don't know when it started. After you had finished the usual chores of the day you were content with cuddling into pelts by the fire.

Which you did.

But then your mind started thinking. And thinking led to wondering.

Reminiscing.

Of course the one moment everyone leaves you to your lonesome is the moment your brain decides to reconstruct your current life.

The itchiness, the stir crazy feeling in your head to get up- to do something...

You almost felt like you were going to run out the door and into the wilderness.

You needed to cool off.

Your mind needed to cool off.

Which placed you at the door, trying as calmly as you could to put on your cloak, and gloves, and boots- shaking as you tied the laces, before opening the door outside and shutting it behind you.

The ties you had here kept you from just immediately ditching.

Tommy, Techno, Phil- each person here was someone you held dear to you.

But the restlessness didn't stop.

You sat yourself on the top step, and tried to focus.

Tried to focus on the cold chill that swept through your figure and made your skin numb.