Chapter Five: For Eternity

"Where are you going?" Draco spat as his twin brother got up to leave the Room of Requirements.

"To meet with Hermione and the others." Y/N replied, dusting himself off.

It had been a few weeks since Y/N and Draco started fixing the Vanishing Cabinet and the two of them had absolutely no luck. Draco was already getting desperate while Y/N tried to keep his cool in front of everyone. It didn't help that he had gotten even more popular this year due to his looks blooming every year. There wasn't a soul in Hogwarts that didn't know him.

"You do realize that the sooner we get this finished, the sooner our family gets safe?" Draco stood up as well.

"Well, I can't exactly stop hanging out with them, Draco." Y/N explained calmly as he made his way out the door.

"Y/N, time is ticking! This cabinet may not be what could actually aid us!" Draco shouted this time.

"It's not as if we have other plans!" Y/N spat back, turning around.

They were more than stressed. Y/N had to sneak out late at night to aid Draco since he couldn't let the others know what he had been doing. Refusing to hang out with them would only make him suspicious. He wasn't ready to tell the others yet.

Draco went silent, gulping as if he was guilty of something.

"I have to go." Draco muttered, fixing up his tie before pushing past Y/N.

Y/N furrowed his eyebrows before exiting the room himself. The two of them had been trying to repair the cabinet since they had woken up so perhaps Draco went to hang out with the other Slytherin students. They both deserved a break.

Quietly, he made his way over to the Gryffindor common room where Harry and Ron were already waiting by the portrait.

"Where's Granger?" Y/N questioned as soon as he approached the two who seemed to be lost in conversation.

"Still in there with Ginny." Ron shrugged, standing to the side to let him in.

Y/N didn't speak another word, instantly making his way to the girl's dorm where he knew Ginny would be with Hermione. It was always like that. Whenever Hermione wasn't with him or the other two boys, she'd be hanging out with Ginny. Back when they were younger, she'd often be alone but she had gotten exceptionally close with Ginny.

"Honestly! I just hate men sometimes!" He overheard Ginny exclaim just as he had opened the door.

"Exactly! They can be so horrible!" Hermione agreed.

She and Ginny were sat on Hermione's bed. Ginny was already all dressed up and ready to go to her trip to Hogsmeade while Hermione still had her pajamas on. She was probably up late studying again. Hermione's roommates were nowhere to be seen, probably already at Hogsmeade like everyone else was.

"Knock knock?" Y/N said half-jokingly, leaning against the door frame.

"Not you, Y/N. You're perfect." Ginny motioned for him to enter.

"That's my man." Hermione smiled proudly as he closed the door.

"That I am." Y/N chuckled, taking a seat next to her in the bed.

Many people had made jokes that Y/N and Hermione were basically Ginny's parents and they would proudly accept it. Ginny was the little sister he and Hermione never had.

"Well, who's the jerk?" Y/N said, very interested in the drama.

"Dean." Ginny sighed, dramatically leaning her head onto Hermione's shoulder.

"Didn't you say he was a gentleman?" Y/N recalled as Hermione leaned her head onto his shoulder.

Before Ginny was joked to be Y/N and Hermione's daughter, Harry would often joke that Ginny was Hermione's girlfriend at the same time as Y/N was her boyfriend.