𝒙𝒙𝒗. amy valez has emotions too

..⃗. 🧃 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗'𝗦 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥  ━━━━  𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
( AMY VALEZ HAS EMOTIONS TOO ) *:・゚

A MILLION THOUGHTS ran through Amy's head for the past 48 hours. She and Matt haven't spoken since their little argument. They did see each other when Amy left for work and Matt was checking the mail yesterday, but none of them spoke. Instead, they just stared at each other until Matt finally took his eyes off her and left. Sure it was wrong of Amy to deny his feelings, but in her eyes, she had pretty good reason to.

         First and foremost, she's with Spencer. Despite this reason, she doesn't know how long it'll last. But ever since Matt admitted to her how he felt, she wondered if this affected her thoughts about the relationship with Spencer. Has it always been weird and awkward or has it just been manifesting Matt's feelings and now they're awkward and weird?

         Spencer told her he'd be coming over after work to talk to her about something and she's never been more anxious to hear it. She kept reminding herself that she'd be stuck in this torture for only one more week until she had to go to New York to visit her dad again. But that week couldn't come quick enough. If she could avoid both Matt and Spencer for how ever long she needs to, then maybe everything will be fine. That was just the way she thought though.

         Secondly, she was just her.

         Why would Matt ever be in love with her in the first place? Whatever he saw in her, she didn't see. She didn't even think she was good enough for Spencer. So, what would make her think she'd be good enough for Matt? She genuinely thought that maybe he was confused since they've known each other for so long.

         And the most confusing part is that she didn't know if she reciprocated the feelings. She's thought about it a few times here and there, but not recently. She could never imagine her life without Matt, so she always knew she wanted a future with him in it. She was just never so sure if she wanted a future with him.

She fiddled with her fingers nervously on the couch while waiting for Spencer to come over. A couple minutes later, she heard the doorbell ring and so she got up to answer it. "Hey." She greeted Spencer right when she opened the door.

"Hey." He repeated. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, come in." She nodded, opening the door wider.

The pair ended up sitting on the couch together awkwardly and in silence. Spencer knew exactly what he was going to say. He even practiced and ran it through in his head the night before and the morning of. But actually sitting right in front of Amy made it hard. She's sweet, amazing, funny; she's everything you could ever want in someone. However, she wasn't for Spencer. At least not like that.

"Um, so, I wanted to talk to you about something that's been on my mind for a while. And I figured I should tell you before you spend the summer in New York." Spencer began. Amy nodded, following along with his words, but too anxious to actually listen to the fluff.

"Okay." She commented.

"Don't get me wrong, you're absolutely amazing." He started off with. "But, I think we should break up."

He paused and waited for something to come out of Amy's mouth. Instead, she just blankly stared at him. So, he continued on. "I feel like our relationship retrogressed while we were dating and it wasn't going anywhere. I think we were much better off when we were just friends. And I think you feel it too. I'm so sorry, Amy. You're great, but we're just not for each other."