xv. don't you (forget about me)

"don't you forget about me

"don't you forget about me."
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

COLBY WASN'T EXACTLY SURE HOW LONG THEY'D BEEN WALKING. It felt like hours, but for whatever reason, he hadn't made the effort to actually turn over his wrist and look at his watch.

"I mean," spoke Dustin after a while, shrugging to himself, "you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive."

"What are you talking about?" remarked Steve with a small scoff. "It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell."

"They're Commies," said Erica to Steve's comment. "You don't pay people, they cut corners."

"I don't really think this was designed for walking." added Colby, looking down at Erica. "You saw those two guys, they had some sort of transportation vehicle."

"They developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo." sighed Robin, looking around at the hallway.

"It all comes into the mall like any old delivery." nodded Cassie, smiling at Robin. The latter turned red and looked down at her shoes.

"And then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser." she mumbled, still staring at her shoes.

"You think they built this whole mall so they could transfer that green poison?" Steve asked, looking over at the group.

"I very seriously doubt it something as boring as poison." responded Dustin. "It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something."

"What the hell is promethium?" frowned Steve.

"It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components." answered Robin seriously.

Steve gave her a strange look. Colby grinned at Robin, surprised she liked comics. Of course, seeing how disgusted Erica and Steve were, Colby stayed quiet. Cassie just looked confused.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill." Erica pretended to throw up, holding her stomach.

"No, no, no." Steve shook his head. "No, don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, alright?" Colby rolled his eyes at the comment.

He didn't jump in with their claims of not being a nerd. He knew he was, there was no denying it. While he was a basketball player and stereotypically popular, he never felt like it. He'd much rather be at home reading a comic book than going to a party.

"I am not a nerd." snapped Cassie, staring at Steve.

"You sure?" Steve raised a brow, and Cassie shoved him. He grabbed her hand and pulled her along with him, regaining his balance before they tumbled to the ground. Dustin and Robin grinned at each other. Colby gagged.