33 | First Day

Arabella's POV :

I can't believe I was back in Italy. It felt weird, but still it felt like home.

I sat in the garden outside with a picnic blanket laid flat under me. There was a book, along with a bottle of water and cookies on a plate. I was enjoying time alone while Mateo was working. He was either in his office, or in our bedroom.

I grab a cookie and take a bite from it. I made them this morning, and they're still just as delicious. I cross my legs enjoying the snack when I hear steps approaching. 

"Keeping yourself entertained?" 

"Like always, having to do it all by myself." I giggled, leaning back to see Mateo. He was dressed in a white shirt with black slacks, like always. "I think you need to expand your wardrobe."

"What's wrong with what I wear?"

"Nothing, it's just you wear the same thing everyday."

"So what's wrong with that?"

"I just think you need to be more of a colourful person like me." I say with a grin and then point down at my dress with yellow and pink accents. 

"I like the way I dress."

"I never said I don't, I just want you to expand what you wear."

"Why?"

"Never mind, keep dressing the way you please."

"Ok." I roll my eyes and he takes a seat next to me. His stomach growls. "Hungry?" I ask with a cookie to his face.

"Starving." He mutters snagging a bite. 

"Didn't you eat the breakfast I made you?"

"Never got time, but I appreciate it."

"You should eat."

"Thank you wife." He took the entire cookie and got up. "I came down here to let you know I'm heading to the warehouse, you wanna come? Maybe you can find something else entertaining to do."

"I would, but I'm gonna go to shops with Elle and Cal, but I'll see you home for dinner."

"Alright, you need money?" He questions pulling out his card.

"No."

"You sure?"

"I have my own money."

"You want extras?"

Before I can respond, Callie comes from behind and grabs the card out of his hand. "I do." Callie settles on the blanket wearing a similar white dress. "Thanks for the money, I'll make sure to buy your wife something nice with it."

"Don't spend it all in one place." Was all he said before walking away. He didn't even kiss me bye. 

"I'll be right back." I got to my feet and ran after him. "We've been dating what, a whole 12 hours and you already forget the first rule of being my boyfriend."

"Dating huh?"

"Yes you loser." He chuckles walking up to me and giving me a kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck and stand on my tiptoes. I feel his hand wrap around me pulling me even closer. He smells so good. "You smell so good." He laughs into my neck.

Just the simple action had goosebumps spreading across my entire body. "If I don't let go of you now, I'm gonna end up staying here all day, and so will you." I sigh knowing he's right. So I drop back to my feet and tilt my head. 

"Bye."

"Bye love." Then he turns around and walks out. 

"Your love sickens me."