~Waves (Sokeefe)~ (angst)

@overobsessedkeefefan @-staysxnny- @Sarah_Starsky @Sophie98765432 noprobllama75

Okay but why do I have so many Sokeefe shippers as readers? Yall should form an army or something because at this point you have enough people to at least try.

This has angst, but also a happy ending, which might mean by definition, it doesn't count as angst. Oh well. Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________

✩Keefe's POV✩

The soft green grass tickled my hands as I watched the waves of the beach slowly rock back and forth, moving back and forth. The rhythm relaxed me, made me feel a little better. But there was still an aching pit of sorrow in my stomach, the emptiness grew with every second I looked at anything red, brown, or gold.

Sophie's voice would come back into my head, filling my thoughts with images of her laughing and the feeling of her hands touching mine. Her brown eyes would sparkle like diamonds as the gold flecks in her eyes danced around, swirling around like fireflies in the evening.

But then a wave of heartbreak crashed down, washing away all her laughs and smiles as images of her gold flecks dancing around her eyes next to calming teal eyes like tropical waters. The sound of her laugh mixed with the deep chuckle of his. Their voices joined together to make one complete sound, that sounded like nails on a chalkboard except so, so much more painful. The voices fit together so perfectly, like chocolate and vanilla, like peanut butter and jelly. And that just made it so much more agitating.

I closed my eyes in an attempt to stop the flood of voices pouring in, this time the two voices were joined by a third, one with harsh, cold ice blue eyes lacking any sort of love or affection. A voice that felt bare, and cruel. Like a freezing desert, lacking of anything of want or need. The voices joined together again, the second and third voices drowning out the wonderfulness of the first.

Tears slipped from my eyes, dripping down to melt into the warm sand of the beach. The waves of jealousy, anger, hate, despair, sorrow, sadness, and emptiness knocked me over, pushing me down over and over again into the sand until I gave up trying to get back up on my feet. The first voice was nowhere to be found, the golden flecks disappeared somewhere into the swirl of emotions like a needle in a haystack.

I gasped for air, but couldn't seem to know how to breathe as I was repeatedly ambushed with harsh voices and brilliant teal eyes and cold ice blue ones. The voices faded into the air, slowly, one little word at a time until I was left there, in the sand. I sucked in a sharp breath of air before tears poured out of my eyes like a waterfall. The damp sand under my cheeks no longer felt warm and welcoming.

"Keefe?" the first voice asked. The voice wasn't distorted, or warped, or incomplete. It was real. I turned around to see the gold flecked eyes staring at me, and I sensed my least favorite emotion- pity. But pity was still something. I forced myself to put on a smile as the voice's blonde hair lightly swayed in the chilly afternoon breeze.

"Yes, Foster?" I said, my voice coming out sounding choked. The waves of pity radiating from Sophie only grew as she sat down beside me, grabbing my tear stained hand.

"Keefe, what's going on?!" Sophie asked sharply, choking back her own tears. Her sunny chestnut eyes were filled with anger and frustration.

"What?" I asked her, dumbfounded.

"You never tell me what's going on," Sophie said shakily. "And it's clear you're not okay. And..." She sucked in a deep breath. "I'm worried about you, Keefe. I care about you. So please tell me what's wrong."

"You know I can't do that, Foster," I chuckled, each word I choked out laced with pain.

"Why?" she asked sharply. I blinked at her in surprise.

"Why?! Why not, Keefe?!" Sophie said angrily. "Just let me help you!"

"It's not a big deal. Why do you want to help me so badly?" I asked her as casually as I possibly could, forcing a smile to hopefully get her to drop it and leave me alone.

"Because I love you!!" Sophie screamed, realization dawning on her eyes as she realized what she just said. She cupped her mouth with her hand in disbelief. Her gold flecks swam around her eyes, swirling around in panic.

My ice blue eyes lit up with a light I had no idea I even had. I squeezed her hand that wasn't covering her mouth and smiled honestly. "You love me?"

Sophie hesitated, still cupping her mouth, then nodded meekly.

"I love you too, Foster," I said, taking her hand off of her mouth and crashing my lips against hers as another wave of gold flecked eyes and her beautiful laughs and her bright smiles crashed onto my head. But this time, no other waves came. No waves of teal or ice blue eyes. Just hers.

And that was all I ever wanted.