Chapter 6 - Part 2

After like 5 hours of forcing myself to write this, it's finally done! I hope you all like it.

----------------

The elevator dings. You're finally here, at the top of the Wondertech headquarters. The armored guards push you and the protogen forwards, into the CEO's office. The protogen grips your hand tight.

This room looked like something out of a movie. Expensive paintings and trophies scattered the walls. Everything had a white glossy finish. A large window in the front illuminates the room with an orange glow.

There stands a leather chair in front of you behind the desk. You see some black hair peeking from behind it.

"Come closer, Y/N."

The voice commands you. Those words alone scare you to your core.

You take a few steps closer to the chair.

"Now, Y/N, do you know why we wanted you here?"

"N-no, sir..." The words creep out of your mouth.

"Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm just interested in... That robot of yours."

The voice calls out to the protogen. You look behind and see her with a worried look on her visor, walking up to the desk.

"What did she do wrong? Why are we here?" You try to reason with him.

A disgruntled sigh fills the silent room.

"Y/N, that thing, she's not right. They made a mistake. Our creations aren't supposed to be alive. They're supposed to obey."

His fist slams down, startling you and the protogen.

"IF THESE... THINGS! START THINKING FOR THEIR OWN, THEY'LL START HAVING THOUGHTS ABOUT FREEDOM! AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT IN WONDERTECH, Y/N.

OH, NO NO NO NO. THEY'LL STOP OBEYING! AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

WE'LL HAVE A HOPELESS HUMANITY.".

His insanity ringed louder with every word.

"Y/N, your father was an amazing man. A genius. His powerful mind helped create your protogen. But.. He THOUGHT! HE THOUGHT!

That giving THIS THING FREE WILL WAS A GOOD IDEA!"

Another sigh.

"We had to cancel everything because of him and his ideas. Our perfect creation was ruined. YEARS of testing, planning, and creating...

RUINED...."

You hear heavy breathing coming from the chair.

"Then, she went missing. We didn't know where she could have gone to. He shipped it TO YOU, not telling a single soul...

AHAHAHAHA!! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT SOONER?!

A FATHER LOVES HIS SON, DOESN'T HE?"

The chair slowly turns to you, revealing a tall, young asian man. The CEO of Wondertech.

"Well, how rude of me to go on such a tangent without even introducing myself."

He says between deep breaths.

"I'm Ryuji Kazuya. Wonderful to meet you in person, Y/N."

He gives you a small bow.

"Alright. We can make this easy, or we can make this painful. Hand her over."

The protogen quickly clings onto you. "N-no! I LOVE HIM!" She pleads.

Ryuji recoils in disgust.

"This... THING LOVES YOU?"

He sighs once more. "Why did it have to come to this..."

"Guards. Apprehend her. Transport her to the basement. Maybe we can still make a little profit."

Ryuji snaps his fingers, and the two guards grab the protogen in only seconds.

"Y/N! Y/N!!!" The protogen screams, being dragged farther and farther away from you.

You try and run after her, but the remaining guard grabs your arm and stop you.

You start to weep. "RYUJI? WHY?! THIS WASN'T HER FAULT!"

Tears start to stain the floor. Ryuji casts his shadow over you.

"Y/N... She don't deserve to be more like us. WE are the superior, and they will always know that."

You can't even choke a word out anymore.

"It was US, the humans, that made these things. If we gave a calculator a mind of it's own, would it want to do MATH EQUATIONS, EVERY SINGLE DAY?"

Ryuji crouches down to your head, staring right into your eyes.

"No. It wouldn't. They need to be oblivious to their own captivity."

He stands back up and looks to the window. The orange glow filling the room begins to dim...

"I suppose your father was oblivious to that problem as well, Y/N."

"D-did you kill him?" You say in between tears.

"Enough talk, Y/N. Now just go home and forget this all happened, like you always do."

You hear a faint laugh under his breath.

Ryuji snaps his fingers once again, signaling the guard to take you back down.

While you're being escorted through the elegant hallways, you see it.

A large metal door, marked "BASEMENT". Several warning stickers cover it.

With all the strength you can muster, you break free from the guard's grasp and sprint to the door.

You know this is where they are. The protogen. Your father.

And you know this is the start of something much bigger than you ever thought would happen in your life.

-------------------------------

Thanks so so so much for reading this story guys! Like really I love every 44 thousand of yall! Now if u excuse me i need to go take a 12 hour nap ✌️