Imminent Crisis

November 10

Emperor's Office, Imperial Pavilion, Lithianburg Imperial Palace

On this day, a soldier was visiting this room to report. In front of him sat Alphon, the head of this country.

"We are currently interrogating the Japanese ambassadors, but they still refuse to admit that they were ordered to assassinate the late emperor, and they even claim that the murder of His Majesty by Japanese doctors was a 'deception'..."

Jorde Cronkite reported on the interrogation they are currently conducting on Japanese embassy officials in their custody. The goal was to get a confession from the embassy officials that they have ordered the assassination to the Japanese doctors. However, this is not true. They were not cowed by the harsh interrogation, and they continued to insist on their innocence.

"How stubborn... You should question them a bit harder."

Feeling somewhat annoyed by the stubbornness of the Japanese, Alphon gave them a ruthless order.

"...Yes, as you wish."

Jorde, having heard the emperor's order, bowed and left the room. Oris, standing next to him, spoke to Alphon, who is watching him go out the door.

"Many of the Japanese have escaped from Juperia... this land is regaining its purity. But this is not the end, you know...? The sinners must be destroyed."

"........."

The words of Oris, a secret agent dispatched from the Head Temple by the direct order of the Pope, caused the greatest stir in Alphon's heart.

"I know! We will eventually invade the Japanese mainland, that will never change! Before that, we will set our first target as Lucinia in the Elmstacia Empire, where the Japanese military has its base."

The emperor's words startled Prime Minister Wilchen Linfoid, who was in the room with the two men.

"Are we to make enemies of the demi-human empire?"

Although there is a Japanese military base, Lucinia is in the territory of the Elmstacia Empire. An attack here would mean the possibility of making an enemy of the demi-human empire. The Elmstacia Empire's war potential is quite large for a non-superpower. If they were to make an enemy of this country while declaring war on Japan, they would have to be prepared to do so.

"We only need to destroy the base and cut off the supply source of the Japanese army. There is no need to occupy Lucinia. It is true that the strong soldiers of Elmstacia are a threat in land battles, but in naval and air battles, we have the advantage of the Silver Dragon. And we are told that there are only four Japanese warships permanently stationed at the base. We can outnumber them."

Alphon persuaded Wilchen, who was revealing his uneasiness, in a forceful tone. However, Wilchen could not shake off his feelings of hesitation even as Alphon gave him an order.

"Send the heads and other countries immediately. The first target of the attack will be the Japanese base in Lucinia!"

After receiving the emperor's order, the prime minister left the room, as did the soldier who had just arrived. Soon after, the invasion of the Lucinia Base was notified to the 13 heads who had announced their participation in the war against Japan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 13

Tokyo, Japan

The second outbreak of war after being transferred to a different world is making a lot of noise in the media. Many of the reports seemed to stir up public anxiety by showing the difference in the two countries' prestige, such as how powerful the enemy this time, the Crossnellyard Empire, was compared to the previous enemy, the Altian Empire, and how large the difference in military strength was.