try not to kiss challenge

Author's Note:

It has been a while since I last updated this book. I have been focused on 'Wonders in You' over the past few weeks — so I apologize for that. Along with that, my school has been tough. I did not have the time to write out of leisure. As a matter of fact, I barely had time to even read the books that I had in my library.

 Due to all these, I feel like my writing skills have become a bit rusty. This is the first ever scenario that I have written upon returning, so I am apologizing in advance if you would find it underwhelming.

By the way, you are of the same age as Haewon in this scenario.

_____

You have been a vlogger for a while now. 

YouTube is your platform. You have gained about a million subscribers over the past three years that you were in it. 

As it can be deduced with the label that you had, you were basically sharing about some personal aspects of your life — specifically, your school life, your travels, and your dates with Haewon. Sometimes, you would upload the challenge videos that you either have done by yourself or with your girlfriend.

You have been in a relationship with the leader of NMIXX for five years already. However, your relationship with her has only been acknowledged or known by the public a year ago — including your parents and Haewon's parents. It was through the video entitled: 'The Girlfriend Tag' which you uploaded on the first day of the Pride Month last year.

You met Haewon back in middle school. You were a transferee, and she was your seatmate in Mathematics class. The two of you did not come from the same class. She was from the section which was deemed to be the cream of the crop. 

It just so happened that in the cluster grouping for the classes in Mathematics; you were assigned into the cluster where Haewon belonged. When you first met her, you had just been living in South Korea for a little over two months. You had acquaintances from the section that you were assigned into, but you did not have an established circle of friends.

You were having a hard time to blend in. You could say that it was the language barrier that caused you such a struggle. After all, you are a foreigner.

Although you have studied the language a bit prior to moving to South Korea, it is inevitable for you to have a difficulty — especially when you are communicating with natives who are really articulate when it comes to speaking it.

Haewon quickly caught on to your dilemma as a foreigner who was studying in an educational institution which is dominated by natives. So, she communicated to you in English and offered to help you in learning Korean. 

That is where it all started.

You became friends with her. Then, the two of you considered yourselves to be the best of friends after six months of knowing each other.

As time went by though, you found yourself seeing her more than that. At first, you were in denial of it. Your parents were homophobic, so you had an internalized homophobia. Despite not feeling anything for your suitor that time, you agreed to be his girlfriend in an attempt to forget about whatever you were feeling for your best friend back then.

Clearly, it did not work. Both of you happened to be denying your attraction for a member of the same sex and attempting to get over that 'phase' as the two of you once referred to. Both of you failed miserably.  

It was you who initiated the break-up.

Knowing you, Haewon thought that Sunoo had done something really bad for you to part ways with him. She was enraged with that thought. She was grumbling about how much of a douchebag your ex-boyfriend was, while she was comforting you.