Chapter Thirty One

It was around noon, and Milan was staring at his phone with a slight frown. Leo hadn't texted him back since the night before. It was now Saturday, and he knew Leo's family was out till Sunday. Leo had mentioned going on a date, but he had been MIA since Friday night.

Leo was somewhat of a lousy texter, so Milan wasn't overly worried. But he had expected Leo to talk to him about their date, which he hadn't, so he couldn't help but feel disappointed. Milan sighed, and got up to shower. Once he was back from the bathroom, he noticed that he finally had a message from his boyfriend.

To : Milan | From : Leo

I just woke up, I think I slept around 7 in the morning

To : Leo | From : Milan

hey!! what were u doing till 7?

To : Milan | From : Leo

I asked all the teachers if I could do something for extra credits so that I at least reach a passing grade in their classes and well... Let's just say I have my work cut out for me this week

To : Leo | From : Milan

need any help?

To : Milan | From : Leo

I would love some if it includes your company

Milan smiled at his phone like some lovesick idiot, before telling Leo that he'd be there in fifteen. He grabbed his phone and wallet, and went downstairs.

He sighed when he saw the blanket on the couch. His parents had been arguing, but after a couple of days they stopped and simply started giving each other the silent treatment. His dad had been sleeping on the couch ever since. His dad wasn't speaking to him either, but at least his mom was.

Whenever he asked his mom about what was going on, she would dismiss it and tell him not to worry, and that everything was okay. After a point, Milan just stopped asking.

He told his mom he was going to Leo's and didn't know when he would be back. His mom didn't say anything in return, and simply nodded her head before going back to the book that she was reading.

Milan then left, and walked down the street to Leo's house. He waited after ringing the doorbell, excited to see his boyfriend even though he had seen him less than a day ago. Leo opened the door, dressed in a white t-shirt and navy blue sweatpants. His hair was messy and it was clear that he had just woken up.

"Hey," Leo rubbed his eyes as he moved aside to let Milan in. He pecked his lips after shutting the door.

"You look like you could use a nap," Milan said.

"I don't have the time to nap," Leo shook his head, "I've got essays to write and worksheets to finish."

"Why did you ask all the teachers for extra work at the same time?" Milan questioned.

"I've slacked off the entire year and I didn't want to wait until it was too late," Leo shrugged as the two walked upstairs, "it was either this or repeating my senior year. This at least gives me a shot at graduating."

"Fair enough, I'm proud of you," Milan said, meaning every word.

"Eh, there's nothing to be proud of," Leo muttered.

"You're making an effort, that's more than enough to be proud of," Milan retorted, "and I'm sure you're going to graduate."

"I hope so," Leo sighed.

"We've never talked about this but, um, have you thought of what you're going to do after graduation?" Milan asked.

"No college for me, I don't think education is my thing," Leo answered, before pausing to think, "I don't know what I'll do. Maybe go back to working at the bar. Maybe move to the city and look for work there."