Chapter thirty-two

"Vincenzo told me what has happened" he says.

What did he say?

I want to ask but I keep silent.

"I heard that you saved me by calling him-" he starts.

I didn't save you- I hurt you.

"-he told me that you were really brave and we're very respectful towards him, he told me that you were fearful to leave my side and stayed next to me for almost two full days" he continues.

I nod my head and keep me head down as more tears start falling.

Some end up falling on my hands, "princess, why're you crying?" He asks worried.

I shrug my shoulders and start harshly wiping at my eyes but it has no use since within seconds my face is covered in tears again once again.

"Baby-" he trails off while trying to get up but he grunts in pain and falls back down again.

My head shoots up immediately and I run up to him, I stare at him worriedly "are you okay?" I rush out while looking at his heart monitor to check it.

It's the same as always.

That's good.

He's okay.

I think...

I hope.

He picks me up and places me on his lap, I try to get off of him but he keeps me steady while wrapping his arms around me.

"Princess just relax, calm down" he says gently while rubbing my back up and down.

I shake my head and try to get away from him but he only holds me tighter as I start sobbing into his chest.

"Shhhhh baby, you're okay" he says softly, "I'm not mad at you, I love you princess. I love you so so much" he sighs against my head while pressing a soft kiss to my head.

"Shhh baby, you're okay. You're okay, I'm so proud of you for helping me. I'm so so proud of you." He repeats while holding me close to him.

"I hurt you-.. th-this is my fault" I tell him while sobbing.

"It's not princess. It's not your fault" he tells me.

"It is..I wan-..I wanted ice cream" I tell him while trying to wipe my eyes from the flowing tears.

"Baby no- that's not true and you know that. They followed us, it doesn't matter where we would've been, they would have attacked us anyway" Dominic tells me.

I shake my head while sobbing harder.

"That's not true" I cry, "it's my fault that you got shot and that the twins are gone" I cry out.

"They're dead?" He whispers as his voice cracks and tears form in his eyes.

I shake my head quickly, "no! They got t-taken" I tell him, my voice quivering.

His shoulders visibly relax before tensing up again.

"The Irish have them?" He asks me.

I nod my head, "They took them after you got shot. Your people are searching for them right now with everything they can" I tell him.

I wipe my eyes once more and take a shaky breath.

I try to move away from him again but he just pulls me closer to him while lying down, "I love you princess, so so much, nothing will ever make me not love you. I don't blame you for this happening, it was the Irish their fault not yours." He tells me while wrapping his arms around me tighter.

He kisses my head once again while turning me a little so I'm lying on his chest, "no- I'll hurt you" I tell him while trying to move away but he holds me tighter, "you're my princess you can never hurt me" is all he says before exhaustion takes over and I fall asleep.

————

Dominic's POV.

A sleeping princess lies on my chest.

She looks so broken- so sad.

Vincenzo gave me a rough sketch of what had happened in these past two days while I was out.

Apparently Alessia only left my side once which was when Noah practically forced her so she could get all my blood off of her.

Vincenzo told me that my princess hasn't said much, just asked about my state and the rest of our brothers.

She hasn't eaten since that ice cream I was told as well.

That'll have to change when she wakes up.

When I woke up and I saw her sitting curled up into that chair.

She looked so pained.

So tormented.

It's like all of the progress I-we had made with this little girl is all gone.

She's so scared

Not of us but for us.

You can see it clearly.

She's petrified of her brothers getting hurt again while she blames herself for what has happened.

Vincenzo told me that they are tracking the twins and that we should hear from them soon enough.

I haven't told Alessia about Vincenzo and I dating yet.

There was never really a good time.

At first she was settling in and then we found out she had cancer which she has luckily beaten. It felt like the time to tell her slowly started to come but then we got attacked.

Alessia is wearing one of the scarfs that Silas bought her around her head while also having the hood of her...own hoodie up.

She's never really worn a hoodie of her own, she always takes one of ours since they're more comfy.

Her words not mine.

I press a gentle kiss to the girl's head as a small content sigh escapes her lips and she cuddles further into me.

She's perfect.

It's pains me that she doesn't see nor realize that.

My brothers as well as my boyfriend walk back in the room a few minutes later.

"Will she be okay?" Leo asks his face vulnerable.

"She will be eventually I hope" I tell him as my arms tighten around Alessia's small frame while still making sure not to hurt her.

I look at my boyfriend as blow him a kiss.

He smiles widely and stands up.

Coming closer he smashes his lips onto mine.