Chapter 28

Winter's POV

"Dad!?" I froze.

"Oh my daughter." I heard a voice from behind and I'm certain that it's Karina's father. I saw Karina glanced at me before walking passed me. I turned around and saw them greeting each other, including that jerk, Hyunjin.

I was still staring at them but Giselle beckoned me to join them. I nodded and proceed to walk my way towards them. I glanced at Karina and I noticed how nervous she is.

"Uhmm hi." I greeted Karina's father but he just eyed me, from head to toe, I never felt so insulted before. I glanced at Karina and I saw that she was staring at me.

"Oh I almost forgot, Dad this is Winter, my b-bodyguard." Karina said with a slight stuttering. I was quite a bit disappointed at how she forgot to introduced me to her dad. It's okay, I need to endure this :).

Her Dad scoffed while eyeing me. I just ignored it and gave him a smile.

"Is this your bodyguard princess?" He said while pointing his fingers on me. I glanced at Karina and I saw how she gulped before nodding.

"Yes sir." I answered and he just raised his eyebrow at me. Karina looked at me with her nervous eyes.

"I am not talking to you." Did he just told me to shut off? Okay, well, that was rude.

"Yes dad." Karina spoke up.

"What has gotten in your mind? Are you insane, dear? You can let Hyunjin to protect you, not that skinny, weakling, and pale looking woman." Her dad snorted and turned to Hyunjin. I looked at Karina and she wasn't looking at me. I felt my chest getting tight, and my heart crashing into my ribs when I saw the look on her face.

"I-i'm sorry dad." Did she just apologized? For what? For having me as her bodyguard? Why? Am I not doing my job right? Why? Instead of defending me, she just apologized? I don't understand, and I won't. I started to feel my eyes getting heavier, this is too much to bear.

"Excuse me for a moment, I need to go to the restroom." I bowed to them and started to sprint my way to the restroom without even glancing at Karina.

When I reached the restroom, I hurriedly ran to the sink to wet my face with the water. I looked at myself at the mirror for a moment. All I see is a woman, a pale looking one. Maybe he's right, maybe Karina should have her fiancé instead of a weakling like me.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath as I felt tears rolling down on my cheeks. It's just been a week since our relationship started, but a lot of things happened, and it's hurting me.

"You okay?" I flinched when I heard Giselle's voice behind me. I quickly washed my face to remove my tears. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you crying?" She asked with a concern tone. I just shook my head and gave her a small smile. Giselle sighed.

"Is this about Karina's dad? Don't mind him, he's been like that since the first time I've met him." I just sighed.

"Did Karina told you something?" I asked hoping to get a 'yes' from her.

"What? About what?" I frowned at her response. So she haven't told anyone about us, even her most trusted friend and that hurts a lot huh.