Reports

Despite the fact that all of this occurred within the previous several weeks, she never informed her employer or coworkers. She didn't distrust them; she simply preferred to keep her personal and professional lives apart. Plus, she wasn't the only one who had a difficult life, so why whine? She shook out of her reverie and returned to Tang Shushui to complete her report.

"We were able to get the cooperation of Carpenter Gao and Mechanic Lin. The basic coffee maker was made by Mechanic Lin, but the mechanical one would take some time. Carpenter was successful in creating the folding chairs and table." Li Shi Qing reported. "We already have approximately fifteen basic coffee makers," explained Li Shi Qing "So we'll be able to introduce the new menus fairly quickly." Continued Li Shi Qing

"Good, start preparing the coffee now; the cacao beans should have shed their pulp by now since they've been fermented for about a week; you mentioned that you'd already dried and roasted the beans and that grinding was the primary issue. Are the staff employed before insufficient?" Tang Shushui inquired as he strolled around the restaurant, followed by Li Shi Qing.

"Yes, sir. Last time, the staff I hired was barely enough to cover the gaps in waiters and waitresses. I employed some additional staff while you were on vacation. Natural calamities have forced a group of migrants from the west to flee. Because the majority of them were unemployed, I hired roughly thirty of them. Twenty have been assigned to food preparation, where they will process coffee, cacao, and other foods. The remaining 10 were tasked with the more strenuous and dirty tasks." Li Shi Qing went on to give another report.

Tang Shushui grinned when he heard these things. After all, he didn't make a mistake by employing her. She was a manager with the authority to hire and dismiss employees, yet she wasn't arrogant in the least. He didn't want to give her too much control. When a worker believes they have greater influence than the actual owner, the business will be ruined. She didn't have to tell him what she was doing for him to know, because he could find out on his own, but her reporting those minor details is proof of her commitment.

"Oh, and I finished the task you assigned me two weeks ago." Li Shi Qing suddenly spoke. "I notified Yuming Hall about your requirements when I visited there. They listened before bringing some slaves out. They introduced a family, which I believe is suited for your requirements. It was a five-person family, with the wife who is a ger, the husband, and three children. The oldest is a fourteen-year-old ger, the second is a twelve-year-old daughter, and the third is a nine-year-old son." Tang Shushui was briefed by Li Shi Qing as she followed him about.

"Okay, I'll leave it to you to decide. How much of the coffee and chocolate beans have previously been ground?" Tang Shushui inquired. He had to make certain that everything happens as planned today. At first, he simply intended to introduce more chocolate-themed dishes, but the old guy from whom he had previously purchased cacao beans returned with some coffee beans to sell. He purchased it right away and brought it to the restaurant to be prepared. Even though his restaurant was doing well, it was still not the finest in town. Most nobility valued their dignity and would not trade a well-known and famous restaurant for one operated by a villager. He was very meticulous about the preparation since he wanted to utilize his new menus to attract more noble clients.

"A total of thirty jin of coffee and twenty-one jin of chocolate have been milled." Li Shi Qing responded. She kept track of these things since she was aware of her boss's concerns.

"All right, what about the rest of the menu?" Tang Shushui enquired further.

"We purchased twenty jin of common carp and five jin of silver carp for the Whole steamed fish. Everything had been arranged for the bird's nest soup. The liangpi, chicken porridge, and steamed egg can all be served today, but the steak will have to wait a while longer." Li Shi Qing answered.