Chapter 22

Sarah

What did I get myself into? I knew something was going to happen to me. I need to trust my gut more. I give Mr.B a desperate look, pleading for him to do something. I whisper "So is this part of the job or do we need to run?"

     Mr.B howled with laughter and mutters "They will catch us the minute we start to run so I suggest don't try it. Ah hem.. It's okay, we are only here to clean up master Don domicile. Speaking of the master...he was supposed to meet us here!"

     All of sudden I hear someone shrieking with laughter and I look to Mr.B for reassurance. I apprehensively ask "So please tell me that neurotic noise is not coming from the so-called..master Don?"

    Mr. B smirks and motions for me to be quiet. Mr.B smiles and pleasantly asks "Would you please call off your squad master Don? I am afraid my subordinate might run away after this..."

    Just then a tall beautiful creature appears in the middle of his squad. He had a beautiful set of jet black wings. His feathers looked so soft that I was scared to even think about touching his wings. It was like those wings would surround me with warmth and peacefulness. His body was a mixture of bird and human. He has a tall brown muscular build. His eyes were just like those of a bird. It was jet black pupils with dark golden flecks around it. He had small holes on the side of his head for his ears. His lips were shaped as if someone personally took time to carve them out elegantly. He was a beautiful sight to take in.

   All of sudden I hear him exasperatingly say "Alright..stand down. It's just some new meat. Mr. B, who did you bring this time? She looks delicious.."

   A shiver went down my spine. He looks like he wants to devour me. Breathe! Head up. Don't let him catch you off guard. I look him dead in the eye and vexatiously say "This new meat is named Sarah. I suggest you don't take a bite out of me unless you want to get poison."

   Mr. B slaps me on the side of the head and hurriedly utters " I am so sorry for her rudeness. She.. she knows the rules and still misbehaves..don't worry I will punish her. He begins to drag me away until master Don stops him.

   Master Don laughingly responds "It's fine. She will soon learn her place. I will see to it. He walks up to me to whisper "Such a beautiful specimen, but a foul mouth. Maybe I should cut out your tongue. I would love to taste it. What do you say my little trinket? Would you like that or maybe I should explore you? Tell me, what do you look like on the inside? How many hearts? What color is your lung?

    Oh...he is a sicko! I messed with the wrong one. Ok change of plans. First calm him down enough to get him to leave me alone. Then ask my ole good pal Gordo why he put me with a manic? I try to clear my throat and gather the little bit of confidence that I have.. "I think we got off on the wrong start. Let's start fresh. My name is Sarah and I will be assisting in cleaning up your house. I hope we can have a good working relationship."

    Master Don chuckles a bit and sarcastically mutters "Oh she is funny! I will have fun with you. Maybe I won't be so bored all of the time with you here! When will she start Mr. B?"

    Mr. B smiles and happily says "Today I am just giving her the tour, but she officially starts tomorrow! It is getting a little late so I'll just give her a real quick tour then we will be on our way."

     Master Don beams with joy and cheerily notes "Then I will see you tomorrow my beautiful specimen! I hope you are ready because I will work you to the bone. My house is just up the hill. It's a big tall building.. It's impossible to miss it."

—------------------------------------------------------------------------

    As I was walking up the hill, a big old fashioned gray brick building appeared in front me. I look at Mr. B and snidely mutter "With his eccentric personality, I would have thought that his home would be extrangent. It has a very homey feel to it. This is something that I would live in for the rest of my days."

     Mr. B snidely comments ''Don't get any ideas! You were just knocking on death's door a minute ago. Just because the master has taken an interest in you doesn't mean that you are special. You are here to clean up after him, not fraternize with him. Also this will be the first and last time of me speaking up for you. I only did it this time since it was your first day. That mouth of yours needs to be zipped when you are cleaning up the master's Don residence."

   I shrug him off and kindly mention "I know and it will never happen again! It's just that bird army scared me and he wasn't any better in this situation. I will do better, but I would like to request to be stationed somewhere else like with a calm master."

   He smirks and blatantly says "Now that the master has taken a liking to you..you will never leave here. 

italic-Internal Dialogue 

What do you think of Master Don?

Do you think Sarah will be able to escape Master Don?

Do think this is part of Lyndda and Lynor plan?