Chapter 21

I was afraid but I couldn't let them know it.

Even before I turned the corner my heart beat quickened. With each step I took I felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest.
I assumed the man was dead but the question still lurked through my head.
What if he was still alive?
As I turned the corner I studied the deceased man.
Pieces of his delicate skin were blackened and burnt while his eyes were the color of fluffy clouds.
He was definitely not alive anymore given his conditions.
As I scurried past the deceased man I ended up kicking an object across the floor.
A black phone flashed violently and read "1 new message."
Then, a familar voice started to shout through the phone "Where are you Ray? You better answer because thls is a very important matter. Their existence could end up in the corruption of this place. If you don't answer your fired right when I find you.
Little did Daniel know his assistant was dead. And the people he wanted to catch the most had caused this.
I disregarded the voice mail to scroll through the phone's emails and frequent text messages.
"Experiment X" was in a bold print across an email which I quickly opened.
From- Mrs. Brunswick
Experiment X is meant to kill misfits by an overdose of the medicine. The Medicine causes change in skin color and disfunctions in the body. It may cause internal bleeding.
That is the description of this plan and it worked on some but not all. In fact, it just made one person stronger. If the treatment wasn't completed then the patient just gets stronger and even more powerful. Harry Styles was one of them. The drug has brought out his powers earlier than expected which may corrupt this building once and for all.
"Harry come here," I urged him as I motioned my finger towards him.
His eyes scanned the message quickly but he managed to comprehend the message well.
"Now what else are they hiding?" he asked suprised by the number of conversations and emails that we scrolled through.
As my eyes scanned the hundreds of mysterious emails I replied, "Everything."
Toms of confidential conversations were stored in this phone.
I came across another email that I found to be quite interesting.

"Today is the arrival of Harry Styles. I am warning you now that he is just as dangerous as his parents. Also, if you see any interaction with Mavis Roth and the boy let me know because that is not allowed here. If they were to have a relationship it would fall apart under my watch.

Anyways, let them have a strong relationship so that when I break them apart it'll be tragic." I read to Harry, the last line like poison on my tongue.
A/N Hey! I know this is short but I updated yesterday and I wanted to share this.
Mentions (Everyone's favorite part of my book) - Dreamwald MalikIsMyMainBae Larry_stylinson_yess horrorstoryhoran halfxheart (even though I already mentioned her haha) and many more.