육십사(64): Peace and Happiness

THIRD PERSON

The whole meeting room of KM Group was filled with the sound of crying. The group of friends that were hugging each other and protecting the two people inside of the circle was enough to prove the meaning of true friendship and the deep bond that was made between each one of them.

Mrs. Elizabeth shed a tear; seeing her granddaughter cry so hard, clutching her lover so tightly, and repeatedly saying how much her lover means to her moved her heart.

She didn't want any of this to happen.

Her granddaughter was right; they are very selfish. They only care for themselves and it results in their using an innocent soul like Lalisa.

Freedom was the only thing Lalisa wanted and asked for, but they prohibited her from having the normal and free life she wanted.

They chose to imprison her, prevent her from socializing with anyone outside, and take away both her happiness and freedom.

Before Mrs. Elizabeth could do something, Mrs. Chittip grabbed a piece of paper from the table and wrote something, then she handed it to Mr. Kim.

"Sign this." Mrs. Chittip said, handing him both the paper and a pen.

Mr. Kim accepted the paper and read what was written.

"Agreement?" Mr. Kim clarified, earning a nod from Mrs. Chittip.

Mrs. Chittip smiled softly and said, "The rivalry between your family and mine should end now. Our families didn't have a good start, but we can have a good end."

Mrs. Kim snatched the paper from Mr. Kim's hand and read the paper repeatedly, making sure she didn't miss any information.

"Are you serious? You are Chittip Manoban and you are offering a peace." Mrs. Kim looked at Mrs. Chittip with surprise.

"It hurts for a mother to see my Pranpriya crying, begging, kneeling, and desperately wanting to stay with her lover. She proved to me that she grew up as a good person and she can stand on her own two feet without her parents' guidance. She lowers her pride and reputation for her own happiness. Who am I to prevent her from having what she wants?" Mrs. Chittip looked over her daughter.

"You are her mom." Mrs. Kim responded, earning a nod of agreement from her husband.

"You're right, but I shouldn't prevent her from being happy, and it's wrong for a mother to control her daughter's life since it's her own life, not mine. As a mother, I should have encouraged her to do whatever she wanted to make her happy, but I didn't. So, I guess it's still not too late to be a good mother to my own daughter." Mrs. Chittip smiled softly at her daughter when they made eye contact.

Mr. Marco put his arm around his wife's shoulder, rubbing it slightly. 

Hearing those sincere words from Mrs. Chittip, Mr. and Mrs. Kim quickly signed the agreement and extended their hand to Mrs. Chittip and Mr. Marco, sealing the agreement.