| xxxiii ; set off

Upon hearing that name, Y/N felt herself shudder after remembering her encounter with him.

"He was physically gifted through Heavenly Restriction and on top of that, an anomaly who had escaped from cursed energy. As a human being who had escaped fate through the power of restriction, he destroyed our destinies. Then came along a boy with Cursed Manipulation. Suddenly, all the pieces had come together - except for the Prison Realm. Then even that fell into his hands six years ago."

"So why is the Culling Game happening?" Megumi exclaimed.

Tengen raised his hand, "It is like breaking in the the body prior to merging. It is not impossible to merge with someone other than a Star Plasma Vessel but it is highly unlikely and would be incomplete at present."

"The Culling Game uses the players' cursed energy and the boundaries binding barriers in a ritual for conveying the human beings of this country to the other side. Through that custom, he will begin the merging with me. However, in order to perform such a ritual, Kenjaku has undertaken certain Binding Vows."

"One stipulates that he is not the Game Master. However, this does not work in your favour because the Culling Game will not end even if you kill him. The game will continue until all the players are dead or all the players refuse participation and die. The clause mentioning 'long-lasting' additions to the rules ensures nothing can interrupt the ritual."

Megumi's eyebrows furrowed, "That means..."

"Mhm," Yuta hummed, already knowing what Megumi was going to say. "We have no choice but to participate in the Culling Game and add a rule whereby Tsumiki and other unwilling participants can get out."

"We should also free Gojo-sensei. I'm pretty sure he can settle this all on his own," Y/N added on.

"Master Tengen," Yuji called.

"First, decide who stays," Tengen said.

"We'll stay," Yuki and Choso said.

"Huh?" Y/N turned to them. "Already?"

Yuki smiled at her, "Kenjaku's after you, right? Even more reason for you to not be guarding Master Tengen. We can't have him get both of you at the same time."

"I suppose so," Y/N said, nodding her head.

"Yuji, you'll definitely need their cooperation. Especially if Kenjaku comes here for Tengen. Ending his life means salvation for my little brothers," Choso added on.

"Plus, I'm not done talking to Tengen," Yuki grinned. "You okay with this, Y/N and Okkotsu?"

Yuta immediately nodded his head, "Yeah. I don't want to leave the others."

"Although, can I suggest something?" Maki asked.

Everyone turned to her and she took it as her cue. She pointed to Y/N, "I think you should stay with Yuta."

"Why?" Y/N asked. "Not that I'm complaining, but I'm pretty sure I can handle myself."

"The last time you said that, you went on a rampage. Twice," Maki said. "He's the only one who can pull you back. For both your safety and the world's, I think you should stay with him."