Too familiar, too hurtful

Summary: Ever since you joined the Avengers, a certain witch has always had the most hostile behaviors toward you. Little did you know that the nature of her feelings were much more complex.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: enemies to lovers

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You would say you're a nice person to have around.

Not that you're full of yourself or nothing like that. It's just that you know you try to make the people around you feel comfortable. So you're not the kind of person who has enmities. But there was one person in particular who didn't seem to like you at all: Wanda Maximoff.

A few months ago you joined the Avengers. When you were a child you used to accompany your parents to their workplace. But one day, a problem with a particle accelerator led to the elimination of a high amount of radiation.

Nobody knows why. And nobody knows why you were the only one affected by the accident. But you were. And now all the cells in your body work much faster than the cells of normal people, and seem to last much longer too.

In practical terms, you have super speed. And because of the fast and efficient functioning of your body, you hardly ever got sick, and any injuries healed much faster than normal. But to be honest, the super speed part was what you found the coolest.

You use it all the time, especially to annoy your parents, who could do nothing about it. You thought it best to hide your abilities, so disturbing the people in your family was the only use you had for them.

But now that you're of age, your parents told you that since the day of the accident you had been monitored by the government and are now being invited to join the Avengers.

To be honest, it hurt to know that your parents had kept this from you for so long. But you were too excited about the idea of becoming a superhero to be upset for long.

On the first day, Captain America (who insisted you call him just Steve), showed you around the compound, explaining everything you needed to know about the place and the routine. It seemed like a lot, to say the least, but you were still extremely excited to get started.

The same night that you arrived, Tony Stark organized a welcome party for you. You were never much for partying, but this was the first time you could use your powers in front of people, so you made the most of it.

You made friends with everyone you could, and everyone seemed to like you, some more and some less, but you're not complaining. But one person seemed to avoid you at all costs.

At first, you thought Wanda was just shy. But as time went on, it became clear that she didn't like you. In fact, she wouldn't miss any opportunity to show you how much she loathes you.

You never understood why. You never did anything to upset her and you didn't even know each other. But she kept being rude, kept ignoring you and, whenever she could, she kept leaving the room whenever you came in.

Even though you tried to be a nice person, you're no fool. So you started treating the witch the same way. You had nothing against her. In fact, she was one of the most interesting people on that place, not that you would admit it. But if she was willing to act like an enemy then that's how you would treat her.

At every meeting, you exchange angry glances and always have sarcastic remarks to make about what the other had just said. When you meet in the corridors, you always clench your jaw and Wanda always sighs in irritation.

But the truth was that it hurts. Because you're not the kind of person who has enmities. And there's something about Wanda that makes you want to know her. So sometimes you try to talk to her. It never worked, she always cut you off and left the room. But you keep trying anyway.