Chapter 1

"She's got a smile that it seems to me reminds me of childhood memories"
-guns and roses

"Thena?"

I wake up from the sound of Noah's voice calling me softly.

"Hmm" I open my eyes slightly and see a sleepy Noah looking straight at me with a lazy smile on his face.

"Good morning" He says as he throws his arms around my neck and hugs me tightly.

"Good morning" I respond as I hug him back. "Did you need something?"

"No" He answers, still caging me in a tight hug.

I'm about to respond when I hear a whine coming from my right side.

"Looks like someone is jealous" I whisper softly to Noah causing him to chuckle.

"Yeah, well, let him be. I barely saw you yesterday because you were at work. Do you really have to go there?"
Noah asks as he let's go of my neck and rubs his eyes tiredly.

He's so cute, I love him.

"Yeah buddy, unfortunately I do. But hey, since you don't like it, how would you like some chocolate after I come back? You know, to lift your spirit." I propose to him with a big smile on my face but my tactic doesn't seem to work since his frown still remains unbothered.

" No, Thena, I want to be with you. I'm scared in this big house all by myself. I can't go out and there is no light for when it gets dark. The candles are useless. And before you say that Cade will be with me, Cade is a wolf. Yes he is smart and I love him but I can't talk to him and I get bored. Please Athena I don't like being all alone. " Noah complains while wiping away a traitorous tear that escaped his eye.

My heart breaks at the sight of my younger brother crying. I pull him in another tight hug and whisper softly in his ear.

" I know, baby, I know and I'm so so sorry. I'll tell you what. How about you tag along hmm? How does that sound? You can come and sit quietly at a table, I'll bring you something to eat and drink and you can get your markers so you can draw if you get bored. Would you like that? "

Noah looks at me with wide eyes and a grin threatening to appear on his angelic face.

" Really? We can do that? "

I laugh at his reaction and answer him.

" Yeah we can do that but only if you promise that you're gonna be on your best behavior, okay?"

The grin on his face finally breaks through as he nods his head eagerly.

"Yeah I promise! Thank you, thank you, thank you Thena! You're the best big sister anyone could ask for"

I only smile sadly at him this time and quickly look away before he sees my glossy eyes.

I'm not the best sister. No. If I was they wouldn't throw me out like some piece of trash. I just wish I knew what I did wrong.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by Noah pulling on my hand to get me to stand up, insisting we're gonna be late. Someone's exited.

As I get up, i pet Cade behind his ear and give him a kiss on the head and in retearn I get a lick on my cheek.

I grab an apple and pass it over to Noah who accepts it with a smile. I then proceed to through a piece of raw meet to Cade and he devours it in seconds. I give him one last kiss and grab Noah's hand to get to work.

The diner where I work isn't much. But it's something. Miss Nora, the lady who owns it is really kind and didn't hesitate to hire me when I asked for a job. I'm really greatful for that.

Although we are not supposed to make any friends I couldn't help but get a little close with my coworker, Matteo. He is also seventeen and I guess we just clicked when we met. He has a funny and dorky personality, but is also protective when needed. Kinda like a big brother. To be honest he does remind me of my brothers. Is this how we would be if we still lived together?

I brush those thoughts away when we reach the diner. I push the door open and I'm immediately welcomed with the smell of fresh coffee and breakfast. Heaven. I show Noah where his table will be and tell him that I'll be there shortly with some food. He smiles at me, hugs me and sits down at his table. Fortunately there aren't many people here, probably because it's really early.

I walk behind the counter and in the kitchen were I meet our cook, Jason. Jason is a middle aged man with a graying stubble and short gray hair. He smiles kindly at me and gives me a plate of bacon and eggs. Usually I sit in the kitchen and have breakfast before the morning rush but today I'll give it to my brother. I couldn't ask for a second free plate of food, that would be greedy. Apparently Jason notices this change and proceeds to ask me where I'm going.

"Oh my brother is here with me today. I'm just gonna give him my breakfast and I'll be back. I hope it's not a problem that he's here, he promised he'll be quite, you won't even notice him"

"Nonsense. I'll just fix him a second plate, it's no big deal. You stay here and eat your food, you need all the power you can get" He replies kindly.

"Jason, really, I don't mind. I had breakfast at home" I try to change his mind. I don't want to be a bother. Like you were to your brothers.

"Well you didn't have my breakfast so it doesn't count. Now sit your behind down before I get the rope and tie you to a chair myself" He says, leaving no room for argument.

I do as he says and eat my food quickly before a give my brother his own plate along with a glass of orange juice.

After he thanks me I walk behind the counter and get ready for the customers that have yet to arrive. I grab my book and proceed to read until I'm needed for work.

My wait is not long, since barely ten minutes later the bell chimes indicating a customer. I place my book upside down on the counter, tie my hair on a low ponytail and look up to the person that entered with the brightest smile on my face.

----------

Hello beautiful people. Chapter 1 is up. Hope you're having an amazing day. Love you!

-A