Even Angels Fall II: Eddie Munson

It had been two weeks since prom and Eddie still felt terrible for lying to you and wanted to make things right with you, only you avoided him at all costs but he still didn't understand why you were avoiding him this much. You on the other hand were still upset and embarrassed about what had happened with Eddie and the whole prom thing and you made it a point to avoid him at all costs not wanting to hear his excuses. 

With school ending in less than two months, he wanted to make things right with you. He found your friends talking to each other by their locker no doubt probably waiting for you but decided to see if they could help him figure out to make things right with you. 

"Took you long enough to come to talk to us." One of your friends said as Eddie approached them.

"Look I've tried everything I can think of. Why is she avoiding me this much?" He asked them as your other friend sighed. 

"Because she likes you like has a crush on you and her asking you to prom took a lot for her and when you told her no and then showed up with Chrissy it hurt her feelings a lot and maybe it seem like you weren't interested in her like that." Your friend said as Eddie couldn't believe what he was hearing. 

Eddie had a crush on you for the longest time and did think about asking about you to prom but ended up psyching himself out of fear of rejection, but then Chrissy ended up asking him to go with her so he said yes but then you came and asked him and he was shocked and torn at what to do. But before he knew what he was saying he said some stupid excuse and he'll never forget seeing that 

"I have a crush on her too." Eddie said quietly making your friends look at him wide-eyed. 

"You do?" They asked him not believing what they were hearing.

"Yeah, how could I not? I was just scared of her rejecting me."  He asked them as they realized what had happened this whole time and began to think about how they could fix things between the two of them. 

"Look we're not promising much but we will try to talk to her about possibly talking to you." They said as Eddie began thinking about what he was gonna say. 

"Thank you." He said as they nodded their heads at him before leaving. 

A week later and by some miracle your friends had convinced you to just hear Eddie out if nothing else so you were currently meeting him at the picnic table that was in the woods by school. Eddie had been anxiously pacing back and forth waiting for you to show up worried that you changed your mind when he heard a twig snap making him look up and see you. 

"H...Hi." He said nervously.

"Hey." You said awkwardly taking a seat at the table which Eddie did the same. 

"Can I ask why you lied to me about the whole prom thing? Like I would've understood if already had a date." You asked him. 

"Honestly I was caught off guard. You see I had planned on asking you to begin with but ended up not doing so because I didn't want you to reject me and then Chrissy ended up asking me and I said yes. But then you came and asked me which I wasn't expecting and I was torn on what I should do because I really wanted to go with you and before I knew it I was telling you that I didn't believe in prom. I'm sorry." He said playing with the rings on his fingers. 

"You were gonna ask me?" You asked him shocked not believing that the boy you had a crush on was gonna ask you.

"I was because I've had the biggest crush on you and then I got scared of you rejecting me." He said. 

"That's why I was avoiding you because I like you as well and me asking you to go with me wasn't just as a friend...It was sort of me putting myself out there and when I saw you with Chrissy it felt like you were rejecting me in all forms but now I see it was just a misunderstanding. I'm sorry." You said. 

"Do you think we can start over and maybe Iet me take you on a date Friday?" He asked you feeling hopeful.

"I would like that a lot, Eddie."  You said with a smile on your face as you watched one spread across his face.