53 - Forbidden

Ι looked down to my feet, and then at the very concerned boy. I felt like the most horrible person to have walked the earth, as I had no idea what to respond. In front of me stood Noah, a good friend and a person who had the guts to tell me how he felt for me, without me having to beg for that confession. 

But then why was Aiden the only person in my mind? The same guy that had told me he's loved me for years, was now making out with someone else in front of me and even though I was certain I couldn't stand to participate in this theatre play anymore, he was the only one I wanted to be with. 

"Please, say something" Noah pleaded, taking my hands in his own. I looked at him, probably resembling a deer in headlights, and opened my mouth to speak, the words struggling to leave my mouth "I- I need some air" I said, going for the most cowardly choice. 

I turned on my heel, trying my best to find the door as my vision was blurry and my head was buzzing, the music only making things worse. On my way out, I bumped into a couple that was most likely cursing me for ruining their moment. 

"S-Sorry" I muttered, and my breath hitched when I realised the couple in question was Jagger and Maya. I needed to get out of that room as quick as possible, so I shoved past Jagger and nearly sprinted out, the shoes Ivory had picked for me making it even harder to do so. 

I finally reached the door, cold hair hitting my face instantly and I cursed myself for forgetting my jacket inside. My back hit the wall before I slid down, my bottom hitting the concrete. I hid my face in my hands. I felt like someone had put me on a wagon of a train heading for the cliff, and I wanted to get off. 

Worse part is, I am that someone. 

Aiden's POV

"Wanna go to the car?" Lindsay offered, her hands moving to the hem of my pants. "We were in the car not more than half an hour ago, babe, give me a moment" I tried to convince her, and the  minute the words left my lips I understood just how much of a scum I really was. 

"Fine" she said, frustrated and turned around to continue dancing on me- well, my dick. Just then, my eye caught someone sprinting outside. Evelyn? My mind went to Noah, and I wanted to get there ASAP. If he's the reason she's upset, I'm busting his face. 

"Hey, I ran out of cigs, I think I'll go get some real quick" I told Lindsay, hoping she'd buy it. "Don't be late" she said, grabbing me by the colar to kiss me. 

I went straight for Noah, who seemed just as puzzled as I was. "What the fuck happened?" I asked. He looked at me, regret evident on his face. "I think I fucked up" he confessed and I grabbed him by the shoulders "Why did she leave, Noah" I questioned, my patience running thin, but he seemed too in his head to answer. 

"Should I go find her?" he asked "No" I replied, faster than I would've liked. "No. She probably needs space, she'll come back when she's ready" I told him, knowing damn well I was sabotaging my friend. 

"Where are you going?" he asked, once he gained his cool. "To get cigarettes" I replied and he nodded. "Alright, now if you'll excuse me, I have to, uh, get drunk" he said and left without another word. 

On my way out, I saw Jagger and Maya. "Did you see Evelyn?" I asked and they both looked at me, stunned. "Outside" Maya said. I got out, looking around frantically for my girl - who wasn't really mine. I found her on the floor, her hands hiding her face while her knees were brought to her chest.

My mind went to the last time I saw her in this exact stance, that night I had brought her to that party with me. I studied her, being almost able to feel her distress, and realised I never wanted to see her like that again.