|10| f r a p p e

Kring! Kring! My alarm clock blasted out loudly, jerking me up from my slumber. Groaning and with my eyes still tightly shut, I reach out my hand in search for the source of the ear-blasting sound. "Ugh."

I slowly pry my eyes open when I couldn't feel the cold metal texture of my blue alarm clock on the tips of my fingers. When I opened my sleep-filled eyes while releasing a yawn, a scowl made its way to my face when I noticed that my light blue alarm clock is lying flat on the floor. "Huh, how did it get there?"

Kring! Kring! The light-blue devil continued to ring loudly, making me groan and curse under my breath. "Ugh stupid, alarm clock," I mumbled as I slid down from my bed to pick it up.

Slowly rising up from my bending position, I noticed my reflection on the mirror that's hanging by the wall, beside my bed. I grimaced when I spotted the dark circles under my eyes, a bird's nest for my hair and my wrinkled Green PJ's and white shirt.

Damn I look horrible.

With a sigh, I placed my alarm clock back on its original position on my nightstand and started to walk or rather, drag myself towards the shower.

Quickly stripping my clothes off, I released a soft sigh of satisfaction when I turned on the shower and felt its cold water running down on my arms as I test its temperature.

Stepping under it, I closed my eyes and let all the sleepy thoughts escape so I wouldn't have a cranky day.

It was probably due to the lack of sleep and stress that I've been having lately, that's why my morning didn't turn out to be Disney-like.

I always wondered how the princesses made mornings so beautiful. Waking up with the perfect hair, slowly fluttering their eyes open, beautifully might I add. Yawning gracefully and stretching a little. Then all of a sudden, the birds and animals will appear at wherever they are and a musical number is on.

They sure do make mornings sound so divine. I bet the dude from Candy Crush can't even match it.

While I on the other hand, was never a minion of mornings. I always wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock, startling me off my sleep, bags under my eyes, a bad bed-hair and sometimes if my luck was running real low, a trail of dry drool on my chin. So un-Disney.

Moments like this always make me wonder how different reality is from fantasy. A simple comparison of mornings, but it showed me what the real deal is. How huge is the gap between fairy tales and the boring thing called life. Too bad, I live in reality

After scrubbing here and there, a few hair products and brushing my teeth, I Grabbed the fluffy white towel that's dangling by the shower curtain's rod, I quickly wrapped myself with it. Letting it's warmth embrace me and prevent the goosebumps that appeared on my skin from the cold, multiply.

Slipping into a simple worn-out jean shorts and a white tee, I grabbed my hairbrush and tried to tame my brown hair that's been tangled at its ends. Ariel is always swimming in salt-water but her hair's perfect and not dry. Pfft.

I grinned up at my reflection on the mirror, deciding that I look presentable enough for a regular Sunday, with me staying at home and doing nothing but pig around all day as I propped my feet up on the coffee table. I placed my hairbrush down. I probably don't look as gorgeous as Disney princesses but at least, I look presentable enough to be called a human being.

Descending down our mahogany staircase, I greeted my parents who are chatting animatedly among themselves by our dining table, a cup of coffee in Mom's hand while a glass of warm milk in Dad's. "Hey, morning," I chirped, placing a soft peck on their cheeks before plopping down in my seat.