Chapter 15

Chapter 15

On Monday, I was surprisingly excited for school. Since Spring Break was next week, the grade elevens and twelves were heading to the beach all day for a field trip. Normally, I hated anything that had to do with school but since I didn't have to be near anyone, I was excited.

I got to school and immediately had to go on one of the two buses. Luckily, I was one of the first few people to arrive so I sat in the back.

Slowly, everyone else began to arrive. Grayson, being Grayson, showed up just as the bus was about to leave. I instantly looked away, not wanting to look at him. I was still mad that he randomly started ignoring me and didn't help me when I got knocked out in gym class.

We finally began driving to the beach and I couldn't wait to get there. I really needed to relax and since it was Monday morning, it was even better.

When we arrived at the beach, we all piled out of the buses and waited for instructions from Mrs. Goth. "I suppose you're all happy about being at the beach instead of school," she said.

"Yeah, because now I don't have to skip school to come here," Grayson said with a smrk.

"Watch it," Mrs. Goth said. "Or you'll have to stay within view of any staff member." Grayson shrugged in reply. I had to try my hardest not to laugh. Grayson was always so smug and most of the time, it amused me. "That brings me to one of the rules. You don't have to stay within the view of any staff as long as you're not getting into trouble." She was looking at Grayson for the most of it. "And at ten, everyone needs to meet by those picnic tables over there so we can start an assignment." She pointed to the picnic tables where some teachers were setting up a few things while everyone groaned. "That's right. You're not getting off that easily. Now go have fun."

As soon as she said that, I left that area to go for a walk. I didn't eat that much for breakfast so I wanted to get some ice cream or something.

I found an ice cream stand not that far away. The line up wasn't that long, thankfully. I grabbed my wallet out of my backpack while I was waiting. When it was my turn, I ordered a simple chocolate ice cream cone. After I payed, I turned around to walk away. But I bumped into someone tall, which caused my hand to hit my chest, smudging the ice cream I just bought on my shirt. My white shirt.

"Poppy, I am so sorry!" the person I bumped into said. I looked up. Great. It was Grayson.

I just scoffed and walked past Grayson as I made my way to the washroom. I walked in and looked at my shirt in one of the mirrors. Completely ruined.

I grabbed a few paper towels, wet it, and patted the stain on my shirt to get as much off as I could. Unfortunately, the chocolate ice cream on my white short stood out too mich.

I sighed and walked out of the washroom, only to find Grayson standing out there. "What do you want?" I asked.

"Two things," Grayson said. "One." He held out a shirt. "I never go to the beach without an extra shirt."

I hesitated a bit before grabbing it. I'd rather where his shirt than my stained one. "What's number two?" I asked.

"I'll tell you after you change your shirt," Grayson told me, gesturing for me to go back to the washroom.

I went back and want to one of the stalls. After changing shirts, I stuffed my ruined shirt into my bag. Grayson's shirt was huge on me. In fact, it completely covered my shorts so it looked like I was wearing a dress.

I got out of the washroom where Grayson was waiting. "Now what?" I asked.

"We need to talk," Grayson said.