𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

☠︎︎

Imogen Halstead (age 16)
Word count: 582
Request: the one and only sebstanisfuckinghot 🫡

Imogen's POV

             It's my birthday today, and unfortunately for me I'm spending it sat in the break room of the district. My dad said we're going for a meal after work, with hailey and Will, but given that they're all so busy with this case I'm not sure that we'll even get chance to leave the district tonight.

I've been so nervous all day, it's currently 6:25pm and I've been cooping up my emotions since this morning. I want to tell my dad and the team some important news, but I'm not sure how they'll react.  I've seen how other people react to this news, and I'm just praying they're not one of those people...

~

             Finally, at around 7:30pm, the case closed and everyone was sat chatting about the sox game they all wanted to go to.  I slowly emerge from the break room to see my dad smiling at me, he holds his arm out and I wander over to him with the same smile on my face, "happy birthday, baby" He smiles up at me as I give him a side hug.  He remains seated as I look around, "I have something to tell you all..." I spit out, deciding my wallowing in self pity had gone on long enough.  Everyone turns silent and looks at me, okay, I can do this...

             "I uh, I've been thinking about telling you all this for a long time now. I just never knew when the right moment was, but I think I've kept this a secret for long enough..." I bite the inside of my cheek.  I look down to see my dad frowning, thinking something was wrong.  He tightens his hold on my legs and I let out a deep breath, "I'm bi..." I finally spit out, preparing for the worst...

Hailey smiles and let's out a sigh of relief, "I thought there was something wrong, immy..." she wanders over and brings me into a hug. I see the rest of the unit let out the same breath of relief and a small chuckle to themselves as they shoot me reassuring glares, I must've scared them for a second...

"We're happy for you" she smiles into my hair and I look around, "really?" I look down to see my dad with a soft smile on his face, "why wouldn't we be?" She adds. I shrug, "I don't know, I guess I thought you guys wouldn't accept me" I look down and she brings my head up with a smile, "we'll accept you no matter what, unless you start getting into golf too... then you're on your own" she rubs my back as she finally lets me go.

The unit give me a hug as happy tears roll down my face, I really thought they'd all hate me... Once I'm finished with being bombarded with hugs, I turn to face my dad, "I'm proud of you" he cups my face. I smile, "never feel scared to be you" he nods and I never thought I would be this pleasantly surprised. I sigh a breath of relief, "thank you" I nod. He plants a kiss on my forehead, "you ready to grab dinner?" He holds his arm out. I nod and link my arm around his, "mmhmm" I rest my head on his arm. I sigh and close my eyes, I really do have the best family ever...