Whatever It Takes

Requested on Tumblr

Pairing: Enzo x fem!human!reader

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Characters: Enzo, Y/N, Stefan, Damon

Description: Y/N is pregnant with Enzo's baby, but the baby isn't human. They both do whatever it takes to keep them both alive.

Enzo was over the moon when you told him that you were pregnant. All he ever wanted was his own family and he loved the fact that he was starting it with you. Something became very wrong, however, when, a few months into your pregnancy, Enzo noticed that you were becoming very fragile. Your skin was turning pale white and you barely had any weight left on you.

He took you to see Damon and Stefan to see if they could shine a light on what could be happening to you. The brothers both looked at each other with sadness in their eyes and looked back at Enzo, who's eyes were wide with frustration. "Enzo, we... we think that the baby is feeding on Y/N, feeding on her blood. We think that the baby is a vampire."

Enzo was speechless. He looked over at your fragile form lying on the sofa and his eyes filled with tears. He couldn't lose you, but he also couldn't lose his baby. You both meant so much to him. He had to do everything he could to save you, whatever it took.

He wiped his eyes and looked over at the Salvatores. "I need to figure out a way to save them both, and I could do with your help. I can't lose either of them." Damon walked over and clapped him on the shoulder. "Whatever you need, man. I'm here. We both are." Stefan nodded in agreement and gave a small smile before following Damon out of the room.

Enzo walked over and sat on the edge of the bed next to you, tucking a few strands of hair behind your ear and placing a kiss to your forehead. "Don't worry, love. Everything's going to be alright."

--------------------------------

Over the next couple of months, you, Enzo and the Salvatores talked through a lot of different scenarios of how to keep both you and the baby alive. The only thing that seemed to have worked, though, is blood. Stefan had an idea that with the fact that the baby was living off your blood, you should be drinking it too.

At first, even the thought of it made you uneasy. You flat out refused which really worried Enzo. You were bedridden at this point, you couldn't move at all because you were so weak. "Please, my love, just give it a try. It could be the one thing that saves your life." Looking into the sad eyes of your boyfriend was more than enough to get you to change your mind. With all of your strength, you leaned over and placed your hand on top of his, lacing your fingers together. "Ok, Enzo, I'll do it."

And that is what had gotten you through the last few months of your pregnancy. However, though, within the last few weeks you started to deteriorate again and seemingly died giving birth. Enzo sprung into action though, and did the first thing he could think of: feeding you his blood. He pierced his wrist and whizzed to your side, pressing his wrist to your mouth.

He stood back with tears streaming down his face, hoping that he was quick enough. Minutes went by and you still hadn't woken up. He dropped to his knees and let out a heart wrenching sob as the realisation dawned on him. However, a warm hand on his shoulder alerted him and he looked up to see your face smiling, beaming at him.

Enzo jumped up and engulfed you, peppering kisses all over your face. "I thought I was too late. I thought I lost you. I know you never wanted to be a vampire but I also knew that you wouldn't want our child without a mother." You leaned back and looked into Enzo's eyes, complete forgiveness in your features. "It's alright, Enzo. I'm still here because of you and that's all I can ask for. I love you will all my heart, Lorenzo St.John, and I always will."

You leaned in and pressed a passionate kiss to his lips, wrapping your arms around his neck. He quickly returned the kiss, his arms tightening around your waist. You broke the kiss and smiled down at him. "Now, shall we go and see our daughter?" You got up and held a hand out for Enzo to take and you both made your way to see your daughter.

Enzo had finally gotten the family he had longed for for so long and he was never going to let anything else happen to either of you.