~Annabelle (Fedex)~

Fedex.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Fitz's POV✩

"Wonderboy?" Dex's voice called somewhere above me. The stinging cold of the snow leaving just enough room for me to breath felt a little more tolerable as he called my name.

"Dex!" I called from the snow.

"Fitz!!" he said with relief, uncovering my dark brown hair under the frosty snow.

"What the fuck happened to you?" he asked as he piled the snow away from me so I could get myself out of the hole in the ground.

"Your siblings," I said, smirking with amusement as three little snickers sounded from a patch of bushes.

"The triplets buried you again?" Dex said sympathetically, helping me up from the hole.

"Yup, but I'm okay. If they really wanted me to suffer, they wouldn't have left a breathing hole," I reassured Dex.

"Is that your attempt at trying to make me feel better?" Dex raised his strawberry blonde eyebrows.

"Yes?" I said, though it sounded more like a question than an answer. Dex sighed, and brushed the last bits of snow from my dark chocolate hair.

"Again, I'm sorry for them. And I'm also sorry for letting you take care of them alone. I just wanted to get you something."

My teal eyes brightened with excitement. "Oooh, really?"

Dex grinned, showing his dimples as he reached into his puffy dark green coat. "Yes, it's human movies!"

I wrinkled my nose at a girl on one of the CDs that had scraggly black hair and a long white tattered dress. "Who's that?"

Dex shrugged. "I don't know, but these were marked with big yellow stickers saying they were on sale, so I just decided to buy them."

I gushed with admiration as I saw a small, little girl on one of the CDs. "She looks so cute!!"

"I think those are horror movies, Wonderboy," Dex said, peering over my shoulder to look at the small girl in the picture.

"But she's so tiny!!"

"Yeah, and so is Marella, but she's also scary," Dex argued.

I cracked up. "You think Marella is scary?!" I cackled. Dex blushed a pinkish hue.

"Yes, of course!!" he argued. "She could burn me alive if she wanted to!!"

"Like you would let her," I complimented. "You would totally kick her ass with your Technopath awesomeness!"

Dex blushed even more pink. "That's not how Technopaths work. Like, at all."

"It is so!! You could ring your panic ring and have the whole Lost Cities at your doorstep waiting to rescue you!" I said.

Dex sighed with exasperation. "Exactly. I can't exactly defend myself, so I have to rely on everyone else to save me."

"Okay, wrong example," I apologized. "You have a Sucker Punch, though! You could throw some hands!" I punched the air while grinning at Dex, who still wouldn't agree with me that his ability could beat Marella's.

"Punches versus fire," Dex reminded me. "It's an easy battle."

"You could dodge," I offered desperately, using the last of my evidence in hopes that Dex would cave in and agree with me.

"Dodge thirteen different fireballs at the same time?" Dex snorted. "Yeah, no, I couldn't." He turned away grumpily, refusing to meet my eyes.

I grabbed his hand carefully, smiling at his pouty expression. "Okay, maybe you couldn't beat a Pyrokinetic. But you're still an amazing fighter, and you don't need anyone else to save you because you're strong. Super strong."

Dex turned towards me, and a glimmer of hope swirled around his periwinkle eyes behind his pouty face. "Really?"

"Yes, really!" I grinned. "But we don't have to talk about that right now. Why don't we try the movie with the adorable looking horror girl?"

Dex smiled. "Okay," he said, taking my hand and dragging me to his room with his human TV. "But after this, you won't think she's so adorable."

***

"Oh my god," I whispered as Annabelle lowered her knife and blood splattered all over the walls.

"Adorable, right?" Dex snickered.

"How can you be laughing at a time like this?!" I screeched.

"What? It's funny," Dex argued with amusement.

"How is murder funny?!" I said in disbelief.

Dex shrugged unapologetically. I shook my head. "You're super crazy."

"Thanks, Wonderboy," Dex said with a grin, resting his head against my shoulder and making me feel a little safer as Annabelle lowered her knife again.