The Death to a Dear Friend

(One of hopefully more bonus stories to come! This is a part of the story, so enjoy! I've missed writing by the way, I just need to get by these last two weeks of school lovelies and then the chapters will roll in!)

Y/n's Perspective:

"Ma! Tell Camila to stop!! She's onto my second shoe!" I was on my knees cleaning up the pool of water Deigo had placed. I sighed.

"Camila! Please, don't eat your brother's things!" I said, getting up from the ground and holding two soaked towels I gave her a glare. She dropped the shoe from her mouth instantly.

"Sorry ma," She said.

"She ate the straps!" Deigo whined. Camilo came over with more towels and set them on the floor to soak up the rest on the floor. Julieta was wiping the table and setting the fresh food down with covers to keep this batch dry. Camilo kissed my cheek and took the soaked towels from my arms.

"I'll take these outside Hermosa, you get them fed," I nodded.

"Ok, everyone in their seats!" I called. Patricia awoke from her body.

"Ma! Ma! I met a new friend today!" Patricia said excitedly. I nodded, trying to get Carmen to come to her seat.

"Ok! Everyone, quiet!" I yelled over everyone. Diego's fork dropped and I gave him a stern look.

"No eating until we're all ready, now, Pepa and Elana, stop fighting and lets wait for your pa-"

"Back Mi Vida," Camilo said, taking his seat beside me.

"Ok, now we can eat-" Elena and Pepa started fighting again and Camila disappeared from her seat, suddenly water appeared, falling over us and soaking everything all over again. Patricia fell asleep and Carmen reached across her to grab some food. Camilo hugged my side.

"They'll get better," We snickered, laughing at how crazy our kids were.

...

"It's bedtime now girls!" I called through the house. I heard tiny feet falls patter up the steps as they came up.

"But maaaaa, why does Deigo get to stay up?!"

"Because he's the oldest, now, get your night dresses on and brush your teeth and wait for me in each of your beds! Elana, I better not find you in Pepa's room, and Camila, don't you dare try eating Deigo's door again!" They all scrambled and I grabbed my book, hoping to read a few pages.

"MAAA, Patricia's hogging the sink!"

"NOOO, Camila is! Maaa, she took a bite of my toothbrush handle!" I rubbed my forehead. These kids, sometimes... well, all the time, they were little terrorists. I got up and went to make sure they behaved.

"Ok, goodnight Camila," I kissed her forehead and she smiled brightly. Camila wasn't one to use her words much around her siblings.

"Ma?" She asked.

"Yes sweets?"

"Where do people go when they die?" I brushed her hair back with my hand.

"Well, have you asked Carmen about this?"

"No..." She said, looking away.

"She tells me that theirs a big castle up there waiting with all our ancestors and loved ones, she says she can even hear the calls of celebration from time to time."

"Do they have food there?" Carmen asked, her eyes round. I kissed her forehead again.

"Of course they do, anything you want," She smiled happily.