ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ | ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀʟᴛᴇᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ

As soon as Mike revealed the kid's location, Hopper instructed Joyce, Jonathan, Nancy and Julie to stay put in the Byer's household while he went to retrieve them. It wasn't easy, but they all managed to remain calm as time passed and night fell.

      Joyce, Jonathan and Nancy sat on the couch, while Julie sat with Chester at Joyce feet. A heavy silence engulfed the group, but it was soon broken by Julie's shoes squeaking as she jumped up at the sight of Hopper's headlights.

      Everyone joined Julie in running outside, and while Nancy engulfed her brother in a hug, Julie ran straight for Dustin and Lucas. Both kids immediately ran at her, and the three collided.

      Dustin and Lucas wrapped their arms tightly around Julie, and she pulled them both close, running her fingers through Dustin's hair and stroking the back of Lucas's head. "I told you it wasn't a Lando Calrissian." she said, pulling back to inspect their faces.

      "He didn't believe you." Lucas said, pointing at Dustin who protested immediately. Both boys started arguing, and Julie sighed. She had missed them.

      "At least she can play with my hair."

      "At least I have teeth!"

      "Whoa, whoa. Calm down." Julie said, pushing both of them apart. Julie looked away from the boys at the feeling of her shirt being tugged by little fingers. She looked down and saw the little girl they had found out about.

      "Hi." the girl said softly, her brown eyes wide as she looked at Julie.

      "Hi there. What's your name?" Julie asked with a light smile on her face.

      "Eleven." she said, and Julie cocked her head and looked at the boys.

      "We call her El." Lucas explained, and Julie nodded.

      "I'm Julie, but you can call me JJ, if you'd like." Julie offered, and El nodded.

      "JJ." El smiled, and reached up to touch Julie's hair that was falling out of it's braid. "Pretty." she said.

      "You're very pretty too."

      El stood in front of Julie, who was in the middle of Dustin and Lucas. Nancy looked over at El and analyzed her outfit. "Is that my dress?" she asked, and El looked at the boys who shrugged.

      The adults, teens and kids all made their way into the Byer's house. Dustin and Mike were kneeling on the other side of the coffee table, Jonathan, Joyce and Julie were on the couch, Lucas was seated in an armchair, and Julie was next to him on the floor with El in her lap. Eleven had instantly trusted Julie, and the latter didn't exactly know why, but she had no issues with letting the girl learn from her.

      "Okay, so, in this example, we're the acrobat." Mike said, holding up a sheet of paper with a line, a person and a bug of some sort on it. "Will and Barbara, and that monster, they're this flea. And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding. Mr. Clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space." he continued explaining.

      "A gate." Dustin said.

      Lucas spoke up from beside Julie. "That we tracked to Hawkins Lab."

      "With our compasses." Julie looked at Dustin before she spoke.

      "If you used your compasses, does that mean that this gate has something to do with an electromagnetic field?" Julie asked, and everyone head in the room snapped to hers.

      "How do you know that?" Lucas questioned with attitude.

      "You like to think you're smarter than me, but I promise that you are not." she said, and Lucas shrugged.