7-Journey

Rosemary was still standing next to Clover's body after the Buil had left. She didn't want anyone to suspect that she had run away. She whispered goodbye quickly before talking off into the night.

A six-hour flight lay ahead, and Rosemary needed to get a head start. She knew Rhododendron wouldn't wait all sun for her.

Only a few minutes had passed, but Rosemary's wings were already sore. She had forgotten how far Hyvani was from her tree. Plus, all the flying she had done earlier wasn't helping the situation.

If only Rosemary didn't have to fly so far. The sun would be rising soon, and Rosemary's wings weren't getting better. She took frequent stops to catch her breath and rest, but then she had to continue.

The sky was beginning to show hints of yellow and orange in the Elzî. Bees started their pollinating routes, and Rosemary could hear their faint buzzing from below. Gods, I'm going to be late.

Rosemary was almost past her house, but there was a while to go. She didn't know what she would do if her parents saw her now. Hopefully, they're both still asleep and assume I am too.

The ache in Rosemary's wings was unbearable, but she couldn't stop here. Not where she could easily be noticed. Spots were forming at the edges of her vision. I'm so close.

Rosemary was struggling to stay aloft, and she was losing altitude. She needed a safe place to land and fast. She angled towards a tall, leafy ash tree.

Leaves and twigs whizzed past Rosemary as she tried to land on a sturdy branch. She finally stumbled onto one near the base of the tree, her heart racing.

Rosemary glided down to the forest floor, hoping to find something to soothe her growling stomach. A dead mouse lay mangled behind a bush, and rosemary clawed it apart. She picked out the bones before wolfing down the rest.

The sun was almost entirely visible now, and Rhododendron would be at the meeting spot soon. Rosemary would have eaten more if she had more time. Instead, she threw herself into the air and glided over the treetops. She thought that if she glided, she might conserve more energy. Maybe she would make it in time.

---

Rosemary arrived at the tree with her breath heaving and her muscles on fire. She had come all this way, but Rhododendron wasn't there. Rosemary looked around, searching for any sign of Rhododendron's red feathers. She glanced up and saw a small figure moving fast overhead.

With all the strength she had left, Rosemary screamed, "Rhododendron! Wait!"

Rhododendron faltered in the air and looked back. They circled around before coming into a dive and landing beside Rosemary.

"What made you change your mind?" Rhododendron asked, staring off into the distance.

"C-clover, she's dead," Rosemary choked out. "She's the only reason I went back to Sipoiary."

Rhododendron turned to look at Rosemary, tears in their eyes. "I'm so sorry. I lost my mother when I was three moons old."

"It's okay," Rosemary mumbled. "I guess Feyhu wants me to come with you."

"If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here."

"Thanks, Rhododendron."

"No problem, and, please, call me Rho."

Elzî (EL-zee): East or eastern

The Awakening- Spring, the growing season I forgot to put it in the last chapter, so here.

A/N When you make a really long character name and then have to find a way to work in a nickname so your fingers don't die trying to write it.