Chapter 42

Catherina and Owen wandered around the town to look for someone.

"Rina, do you remember his face? Just tell me his features."

Catherina was looking for the doctor who said that she only had two days before she died.

Though many years already passed in the real world, it was just like yesterday's memory for her. Everything was still fresh and vivid.

She remembered that doctor's face before dying.

"Emerald eyes and his hair... It was blonde. He seemed to be in his mid 30s or something."

"Full of divine magic."

"Huh?" Catherina tilted her head.

"People with emerald eyes are rare. They contain higher magic affinity in short, divine magic."

"Wait.. didn't you say that you saved me through divine magic?"

"Yes. It was the only way."

"Then... Maybe the doctor could've saved me back then."

"It's possible. But he probably didn't know the cause of your illness back then. After all, it took me six years to figure out yours."

"You have a point."

"That's why we need to meet him to know why he's lying." Owen smiled.

Catherina was confused. "What do you mean lie?"

Owen saw a paved rock and he put Catherina to sit there while explaining.

"Base on my research, you should have at least around a month or two before you died back then. Daily dose of Blue dragon's tears would take effect after two months. But if you consumed it two times or more a day, your life would be shortened. Unless he knew about the Blue Dragon's tears and its effects, then he probably knew what the outcome would be. And if it's true that he knew about the poison and said that you had two days left, then he was lying."

"He did."

"And that's why we need to talk to him to figure out why he did that." Owen tucked Catherina's hair behind her ear.

"I can't believe it. You must be a genius, Owen." Catherina praised as she hugged him.

Owen chuckled then paused for a bit. 'There must be something behind his actions.'

"Let's go look for him." Catherina held his hand.

"Then, close your eyes for a bit. We're going to teleport somewhere."

"Okay."

Catherina closed her eyes and Owen used his magic for teleportation.

*Swoosh*

...

They arrived at a closed building.

It was the same building that Owen went six years ago to buy information about the Caretaker. That place was actually an information guild.

"How can we help you?" A man approached them.

"We're here to buy information." Owen uttered.

"Sorry kid, we don't do that-"

*Clang*

*Clank*

Owen dropped tons of gold coins on the floor using his magic.

The man's eyes looked like they were about to pop seeing that large sum of money.

"Ahem. Please follow me, valued guest."