Chapter 32: Dominating Through Fear

The next morning, our three retarded heroes met Herald and Karen at the Eastern gate of the city.

Herald: Hey guys, we are here!

He waved by the time he got his sight of them.

When the three walked towards them, they realized that Herald and Karen were not alone.

They were accompanied by five people. One of them was Skyler, Karen's bodyguard, and the other four were a group of men they had never seen before.

Herald noticed their confusion and introduced them.

Herald: They are adventurers, they are known as the Scarlet Prince Group, Platinum-rank Adventurers. Father contracted them to accompany us in today's mission. Don't worry, they are trustworthy.

They all nodded in understanding.

This group had two combatants at the rank of <B–> rank, the third is at <C> rank, and the fourth one was at the peak of C-rank, just one step away from breaking through <B–> rank.

It was obvious they were an impressive group.

At that moment, the leader of the men spoke.

SP Leader: Young master Herald, you tell us nothing about three more people.

Herald was startled before smiling apologetically.

Herald: Sorry about it. I just told Mr. Moo about today's hunt last night, so I did not have time to notify you.

SP Leader: I'm sorry, young master, but the three of them are not in our contract. Besides, look at them, these boys are not even wearing armor or weapons and they brought one manaless golem with them. Do they think it's a game? I don't want to carry bunch of burdens during the hunt.

Delirious frowned.

Delirious: *Shadow JoJo Eyes* Do you have a problem with us?

SP Leader: We just don't like to babysit some inexperience children.

Delirious expression turned ice-cold, but before he could attack, Moo raises his hand, pushing onto Delirious' chest, stopping him.

Moo: Herald, we will leave if it's a bother.

Herald: It's not necessary.

Herald furrowed his brows. He then looked at the leader of the men.

Herald: Harold, I can guarantee that they are as strong as me. You don't have to worry that they are a burden.

Harold: I understand, but my men will not care about their safety. I will only protect you and young miss Karen if something happens.

Herald frowned deeply, but in the end, he looked at Basically with a helpless expression. Marcel scoffed inwardly seeing this farce.

Basically: Don't worry, we understand.

In fact, Harold's words were not baseless. In truth, watching some three young man coming to the hunt wearing very strange clothes, without wearing armor, and weaponless, anyone would think that they came here to play. Moreover, they were being followed by one manaless golem.

But the three had the feeling that Harold would have found an excuse to go against them regardless of it.

Marcel moved his gaze between Herald and the men briefly before falling deep in thoughts.

After that, the group of ten departed.

Their destination was a forest two kilometers away from the city. According to Herald, they were going to hunt a peak C-Rank lightning Fennec. It was a magic beast specialized in speed that had migrated near the city recently. Apparently, it had killed some adventurers already.