21 - Risks

Ally's P.O.V.

Life has gotten a lot better compared to how it was a couple weeks ago. No one really bothers me anymore. Ever since the whole incident with Yoongi happened, I guess word got out and the girls have come to the conclusion that maybe they shouldn't mess with me. It's nice, but now I feel like people avoid me because they're scared. But as long as they're not harassing me anymore, I could care less.

There was only one person who still managed to bother me and that was Seung-mi. I guess she doesn't really care about who I might have by my side. With each passing day, I can clearly see her hatred for me grow.

She's pushed and beaten me in many ways already, but I've been handling it all. Being harassed by the other girls and falling apart was one thing, but I refuse to let her get to me no matter how much she wants to destroy me.

Although lately, she hasn't been on me a lot which is nice, but I can't let my guard down. Maybe she's too busy practicing like everyone else to bother me.

For the past couple of weeks, everyone has been working their butts off for next week. Everyone was having their most important evaluation of our career. It's different from our weekly evaluations for many reasons.

First, we would be performing in front of a big audience for the first time as trainees. If we thought that was nerve racking, we were also going to be evaluated by some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry. C.E.O's, choreographers, producers, and other important people were going to be there to watch us.

But the biggest difference of this evaluation to all the others is that depending how we're evaluated and the scores we get, it's our guarantee ticket to debut.

Everyone has been practicing day and night to secure a spot in the new group, especially now that it will be composed of 8 members instead of 6 like they've always told us.

We were told that we could pick whatever song we wanted to perform, either as a soloist or in groups of however many. I decided that I would be performing by myself, taking a risk as it is since almost everyone chose to be in groups.

I already knew what song I wanted to perform. It would allow me to show both my rapping and singing, as well as dancing skills. The only thing was that I had to come up with an amazing choreography for it, but it didn't matter. It was the perfect song.

The song I decided on and that I have practiced on for weeks was Tie a Cherry by CL. It was the first song that came to mind when they announced the evaluation. It was the perfect song.

It was barely 9 am and I was already at Hybe to practice and touch up on some final moves before next week. As I walked down the hall to look for an empty practice room, I could see a few groups already practicing early in the morning.

One group was performing Black Mamba by Aespa, while another one has settled for La Di Da by Everglow. As I walked further down, I could hear a group practicing to More & More by Twice and another Loco by Itzy.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about going by myself against so many groups with amazing song choices.

I was already reaching the end of the hallway when I spotted an empty practice room. Picking up my pace a bit, I speed walk over to it before anyone can get it even though there was no one but me out here.

Just as I'm about to open the door, I stop myself as I hear a familiar song. I stood there and listened carefully to make sure that my ears weren't deceiving me and that it was just my imagination. But the longer I stood there, I realized that my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.

Quickly, I follow the music and soon find myself standing in front of the practice room it was coming from.

I was shaking in fear.

It took everything in me to look inside through the door window, but once I did, I felt my whole body turn cold and my heart fall to the ground.

Everything suddenly felt like it was falling apart as I saw Seung-mi practicing the same song I picked. I had no idea how, but she was doing the same exact choreography that I worked so hard to come up with.

How was this possible?...

The more I tried to think of how she could've picked the same song as me as well as choreography, I started to feel frustrated. My blood was boiling and I wanted to cry from how enraged I was.

"Isn't that the song you're going to perform?..."

Caught by surprise, I find Aria standing next to me watching Seung-mi practice as well.

"It was..."

I couldn't stand to look anymore. I start to walk away, to get as far away as possible before I go in there and rip her hair out. I hadn't taken 5 steps when I felt Aria stop me..

"Hey, I know you're pissed right now, but you need to try to calm down. You still have time to find something else."

Something else?!

"Aria, there's a week left. I'd have to work my ass off even harder and I'd still have to find a song that'll impress everyone."

"Then I'll help you."

"What do you mean?"

"Let's perform together."

"You already have a song, you can't just change everything because of me."

"Yes I can, don't worry about me."

"Aria...I just don't know if it's a good idea."

Just like me, Aria was also performing alone. I couldn't just let her give up on all that hard work she put into the song she picked, especially when it took her forever to find the perfect one.

"Look, when everyone was picking their songs, I noticed that mostly everyone was picking pretty easy songs to dance to while they sing."

"Ok, and?"

"Let's just say that I know a song that would benefit both of us, vocal and performance wise, that will blow everyone's minds away, but we'd have to work our asses off to perfect it."

"What song?"

There was a smug smile on her face before she walked closer to me and cups both her hands around my ear and whispers into it. Once she tells me the song, my jaw drops open.

"Do you know how hard that song is!?"

"Shhh!"

I took a good look at her to make sure if she was okay or if there was a huge bump on her head from hitting it on something.

"I'm fully aware, but no one ever made it to debut without taking risks. We can either do this or you can find another song to perform by yourself.Your choice, but the clock is ticking."

As I started to think about it and all the risks that could come with it, I realized that I was at a dead end here. I don't have another song in mind that I would want to perform that could show off my skills.

The song itself has been named one of the hardest to sing and dance to in the industry as the choreography was absolutely insane. Even the original performers had a hard time learning the dance as it took them more than a month. But it would allow both Aria and me to show off our abilities.

I really hope I don't regret this...

"Ok...I'm in."

Aria jumps in the air in excitement and then runs to hug me tightly.

"We're definitely going to blow everyone away and get a spot in that group!"

Seeing her be this excited made me feel excited as well. Soon, I was smiling as well as her as we immediately got started on practicing our new song just a week before our evaluation.

A/N

I am so sorry that I've been gone for soooooo long 😭😭 Life has been crazy and now I'm emotional with the groups hiatus 🥲🥲🥲

But anyways, I guess that will allow me to do other things as I've been keeping up with the guys for 5 years now 💀

Anyways, here's an update! I'll be posting a few more tonight! We're almost to the climax of the story!!

- A 💜