15-I'll definitely live

The morning comes in so quickly. I go about my day as usual, just a little sleepier from staying awake last night. I act very normal so as to avoid suspicions of others.

"Milady, Marissa told me that she heard you shouting last night...what happened?" The nanny asks.

I almost choke on my coffee when I hear those words, but I have to act very calm because the Duchess is sitting right in front of me. They must not know that Eric was in my room last night and slept on my bed lol

Marissa must be that maid who knocked on my door last night huh?

"Nothing I just had a nightmare." I say calmly.

"Did you not sleep well because of the nightmare Caroline? You have dark circles under your eyes" Roseanne asks.

"Oh it's nothing for you to worry! I'm just a little tired that's all"

"Are you sure? Make sure to sleep well otherwise you'll fall sick!"

"Thank you for your concern Roseanne!" I smile at her. She's really so kind hearted and sweet.

And Eric on the other hand speaks so vile of her! I remember arguing with him last night over her...

"Roseanne can I ask you something?"

"Of course. Go on!"

"All these years you spent with Eric...Did he ever try to harm you?"

"No he has never harmed me but..."

"But?"

She shakes her head and says, "Caroline that boy is not normal... he's not like other humans!"

I flinch at her words...Does she know anything about him being a half blood???

"Why do you say that?"

"That boy...he's extremely cruel. I told you how he murdered my brother in law in cold blood right? And do you know how he escaped the blame? he framed his wife for his murder!! He is so good at manipulating the public opinion, he said that he witnessed her killing him while arguing about an affair of his. He easily made everyone in the court of law think that he is just an innocent boy who witnessed a traumatising murder, by shedding false tears and acting all weak! How could a young boy kill a grown man trained in fighting? How could he be so intelligent to convince everyone like they were his mere puppets? Although she may have been very cruel to me but she was still my sister-in-law! I couldn't stand that injustice anymore so I tried to stop him but then..."

Her body trembles.

"What's wrong Roseanne?"

"I'll never forget his eyes when they looked at me..." She remembers that day.

7 years ago...

"How could you do this to sister in law? You falsely accused her of the murder you have committed? I saw you standing over his dead body covered in his blood!  Don't you feel even a little remorse for your actions? Are you even human??" Roseanne screamed at Eric whose eyes were cold with disinterest.

"What have I done wrong? They were the ones who would continue to harm you and eye your property. Shouldn't you be grateful that I've killed them? It's good that they are out of our way now!" He said coldly.

Roseanne couldn't believe her ears, being a very soft hearted and sensitive woman she couldn't bear his cruelty!

"You're just pure evil...I thought of being kind to you because you were made to be a Vorsack slave, brainwashed at such a young age but this is not right... There's definitely something very wrong with you! The Vorsacks may have been cruel with you but they are nothing compared to you! How could you commit so many sins and not feel guilty?Are you even a human?"

But Eric didn't care at all about her. To him her words were just ramblings of a stupid old lady.

"If you don't stop this now, I'll ask the mages to report your misbehaviour to the Voraacks especially Caroline! She has been kind enough to let them erase your memories and undo your Brainwashing but I don't think you deserve it after all this! I can't keep you here...I'll ask them to send you far away where you can't hurt anyone!"

And just when he hears those words, a dark aura leaks out from his body.

And before Roseanne can even understand what's going on, Eric rushes over to her and points a sword to her neck.

"Don't...Don't you dare to say anything about this to Caroline." His eyes are filled with a madness she can't understand. Her whole body trembled with fear and her heart beat dangerously loud!

"Please...please don't kill me..." She whimpers. His eyes belonged to someone who wanted to kill her! He looked like a monster!

He removes his sword and says,"I won't kill you...You are someone important to her. But remember this...if by any chance Caroline hates me because of you...I won't hesitate to kill you!"

Roseanne almost cries while telling me the story. I really can't forgive Eric for making her like this! Roseanne is like a mother to me...Even if he didn't hurt her but how dare he do all those stuff??She's right he's Fucking scary! Killing people when he was just a kid...then manipulating everyone to think he's innocent...I can't believe what a fucking monster he is!

"I can only tell you this now because he doesn't remember you anymore but it still scares me thinking of what he might do next Caroline! He never listens to me,
He acts so sweet and gentle in front of all the people but it's only a mask! That's how he earned the trust of the imperial family and even the common people during the plague that hit Karlos! But Everything he does, every smile, every word is a well calculated move to get his goal,which is the imperial crown! And once he has his hands on it, I'm scared that he wouldn't even hesitate to throw me away!"

"That won't happen Roseanne! You know that you will always have me by your side! I will make sure to cut off his arms if he even touches you!"

"No Caroline...please don't hurt him! Even if he's a monster, he's still my child! I love him like a mother!"  She cried.

The nanny hands her a tissue to wipe her tears. Roseanne is very different from all these cold hearted people, she's too emotional! I can't believe she still loves him after he pointed a sword to her neck? Only a mother can do that!

But I don't think I can ever do that...
I can't love Eric knowing that he can kill me anytime...

Even though he's always so kind and loving to me but there's no guarantee that he won't change! Even yesterday, he was being so gentle and then suddenly he talks of killing Roseanne?!! I can't understand which part of you is real and which is not...? Are you really the man who loves me or are you a cold blooded monster who will kill me???

And now that he has so much power and even the imperial family on his side,
He's very dangerous!

I may have made a huge mistake by sending him over to Karlos...I made a huge mistake after freeing him from the Vorsacks and letting him gather so much power!

I wanted to save you...I wanted you to have a happy life away from all these misery...but you do this to me??

An unusual rage burns my body...

My plan has completely failed and maybe if I am not careful I'll loose everything this time! And the worst part is people I care about might get hurt because of him!

No I won't let you Eric...I won't let you touch me or anyone I care about! If you raise your sword against my neck, I'll make sure to cut your hands before that! I'll make sure to kill you before you kill me!

I'll definitely live!

After we finish our breakfast,I ask the nanny to meet me in my room with Laura my personal knight.

"I need to visit the holy Church today, I want you to accompany me Laura".

"Okay Milady, I'll get the carriage ready" Laura bows.

"No, not like this."

"Huh?"

"I need us to dress up as ordinary male merchants."