Vol. 2 Ch. 31 - Compromise

[Katori's POV]

I immediately placed my hands on Akumi's shoulder to stop her from drawing closer than she already is.

"Akumi... Don't do this..." I tried to gently push her aside but she didn't budge.

"What...? Don't you want to do it? How long has it been since you've done it? Can't you see? I'm not even drunk so you wouldn't feel like you're taking advantage of me."

"This is wrong. This is very wrong. How would Ichika react if she sees this? I wouldn't want to cause her any trouble..."

Akumi started to lift her top and I was able to see her bra.

"Akumi! You should sto—"

She interrupted while being unable to fully undress her top and replied, "It's not like I'll tell her Katori-kun. Look, I don't even need you to trust me. I'm just here to alleviate any stress you're getting right now. I'll let you do me. No strings attached."

I hold on to the bottom part of the top she was wearing so I can pull it down. After doing so, she got more aggressive and her face drew closer to me as if she wants to give me a kiss. I placed my hands on her shoulders once more to stop her.

"It's not that easy Akumi. It's not like I can do that to my girlfriend." I put more effort into pushing her but she suddenly gave me a hug.

"Why!?" I heard Akumi's voice starting to crack.

"Akumi..."

She stayed silent and hugged me tighter.

"Why? Why are you so like that!? You already have a woman in front of you! Why can't you just give in!? I won't cling to you like a girlfriend! I'll just let you experience the things you haven't experienced for a while. What's wrong with you? Why can't you just be any normal guy!?"

"Akumi... I am... I'm just a normal guy... I'm no one special... I'm just someone who cherishes what he has. Someone who has lost a lot for his age and I'm not willing to lose anything that I have right now, especially the ones I care about..."

"You're so unfair..."

"I probably am. I just happened to be someone who protects what he has... I love Ichika... I always have... And always will be... 

"If you truly love someone, you wouldn't do anything to hurt them..."

After what I said, I noticed Akumi starting to cry.

"Katori-kun... Why...!? Why are you so kind...!? Why don't you hate me...!? Push me...! Kick me out of the house...! Badmouth me to Yushiro and Sachi... Give me what I deserve..."

I gently place my right hand on her back and slowly pat it.

"I... I can't bring myself to hate you Akumi... Though I'm sad about what you're trying to do... Because I know that it wouldn't bear any fruit regardless of what you do... You know... A very important person told me something...

"Whatever life throws at you, always choose kindness..."

I felt her moving away from the hug and stood up. She takes a seat beside me trying to wipe her eyes.

"You really are unfair Katori-kun... Saying things like that..."

"I thought that I just needed to let you know."

"I have something to tell you too."

"What is it?"

"I wasn't always like this..."