54-55

Chapter 54 - About To Be Exposed ("So tell me. Who are you really, hmm?") (1)

Xu WanZhi felt awkward but she didn't know what to say or do.

Perhaps because it was raining, the production team wrapped up early today. Xu WanZhi wanted to give Mu ZhenYu a call to have dinner with him, but also felt that, that might be a bit much.

She would probably only have fried chicken or a salad by herself. Thinking about that, she had suddenly lost her appetite so she planned to wait until later to eat.

She had expected to have fallen asleep after she laid down in bed. When she opened up her eyes again, it was already 11 o'clock.

Mu ZhenYu still wasn't home yet. She rubbed her eyes and felt hungry. So she got up and wanted to order some delivery. But before she even clicked open the app, she received a call – it really was from Mu ZhenYu.

Her phone range for 10 or so seconds before she cleared her throat and picked it up.

Coming from the other end of the phone with Bai FeiChen's voice. "Hello? Miss Xu? I am Bai FeiChen."

Xu WanZhi paused for a second and said, "Yes, this is me. What's going on?"

"Mu ZhenYu had a bit too much to drink. Can you come and pick him up with the chauffeur? I'll send you the location."

It took Xu WanZhi a little bit of time to process what had just happened after she had hung up. After a little while longer, she called up the chauffeur who was already sound asleep and took the nanny van to go pick up Mu ZhenYu.

The trip took a little over 30 minutes and, right after they entered into the hotel's underground garage, Xu WanZhi could see Bai FeiChen walking out while supporting the stumbling Mu ZhenYu. Bai FeiChen also spotted Xu WanZhi right away and waved at her happily as though he had seen his savior.

Bai FeiChen, with the help of the chauffeur, got Mu ZhenYu into the car before he smoothed out his suit and said politely to Xu WanZhi, "He had a networking event tonight. I told him to gauge himself but he wouldn't listen. Look, now he drank too much. I need to head to another event and I didn't really want to just put him on a taxi. Please see to it that he gets home safely. Thanks."

Xu WanZhi looked at Mu ZhenYu who was now sound asleep in the back seat and waved her hand. "Not a problem. It's what I should do."

There was a flash from a car's headlight from afar and Bai FeiChen was distracted. He then pointed in the direction where the car disappeared and said, "That was the reason for the gathering tonight."

Xu WanZhi looked in the direction that he was pointing in and saw a showy fancy sports car. With just one look, it looked like it costed at least ten times that of her nanny van.

It's a boss for sure.

"His name is Feng Cun. Have you heard of him before?" It looked like Bai FeiChen was just gossiping with her but, in reality, he was observing her reaction.

Xu WanZhi could tell that he was testing her but... the name Feng Cun was not familiar, nor has it been mentioned in the book. So she replied honestly, "No, I haven't."

"He was a spoiled, rich kid before, but one day Mr. Old Feng died from a heart attack and hundreds of millions of yuan fell upon him." Bai FeiChen, who had just said he needed to head to another event, suddenly became very talkative. "Everybody in the circle said that we'd see him try and fail and would bankrupt the Feng's within six months. Welp, low and behold, it didn't take long for him to become successful and even better than his dad did."

Xu WanZhi nodded. "You mean to tell me that he's someone who'd be very helpful to Mr. Mu's business?"

Bai FeiChen smiled and shook his head. "Quite the opposite. He is the Qin's Corporation's angel investor."

The Qin's Corporation... Qin Sheng.

Did Mu ZhenYu wanted to try and befriend Feng Cun from Qin Sheng's back and have him side with himself? And he had drank so much tonight for that purpose. What a pity.

Chapter 55 - About To Be Exposed ("So tell me. Who are you really, hmm?") (2)

And that was how things worked more or less in the business word. Some times a big contract could be negotiated over a sip of wine or a cigarette. Sometimes, one could bend over backward to no avail.

Bai FeiChen could tell that she had already connected the dots and added, "He isn't just the capital behind Qin Sheng. Words had it that he has some sort of relationships with Mu XiYuan's brother as well."

To put it simply, he's someone from the opposite side.

Xu WanZhi nodded profoundly. She hadn't expected that Mu ZhenYu has been facing enemies coming from so many different directions. The situation was worse than she had anticipated. He even has a brother who was still waiting stealthily on the sideline.

Having a lot of enemies was one thing, the enemies colluding with each other was a whole different ballgame.

Speaking of his brother Mu XiYuan, Xu WanZhi was reminded that she had used 'Taking the Yang for the Yin' on him the very first day that she had transmigrated over and caused him a lot of damage. Such a long time had past since then, she wondered whether he was still alive or had gotten any better.

Seeing that Xu WanZhi had fallen into deep thought, Bai FeiChen comforted her, "Don't worry about what is going on in the business world, Miss Xu. Just take him back quickly and get some rest yourself."

Having said that, he even nicely opened the car door for her.

"Okay, I will." Xu WanZhi got inside the car docilely and waved at him.

Inside the car, Mu ZhenYu sat in the seat in a spread-eagle way and snored like it was nobody's business.

Xu WanZhi had never seen him in such an unkempt state. She covered her mouth, smiled, and asked the chauffeur to turn the air-conditioning down.

It was already past midnight when they got back to their apartment. Luckily the chauffeur was quite strong and was able to drag Mu ZhenYu back to the bedroom by himself. Xu WanZhi worried about him going to sleep just like that and went over to the kitchen to make him a cup of honey water. She tucked on his ear and called out to him for a while before she was able to wake him to have some of the drink.

Mu ZhenYu opened his eyes up into a slit, took a look at her, groggily had half a cup of the water before he laid back down.

Xu WanZhi shook her head in resignation and struggled to remove his suit, shirt and pants, revealing in front of her eyes were his well-defined and sturdy muscles.

Looking at the stabbing scar on his waist, she suddenly recalled the day when he held her hand and told her about his past and let her stroke his scar over and over again...

When she came to, her cheeks were burning a little.

She stood up and pulled the blanket over his waist. When she was about to turn and walk away, he had reached out and grabbed her by her wrist.

"Aye." His voice had always been deep and thick. It was even more lazy and sexy when mixed a night of drinking. "Who are you?"

She frowned slightly. She had been running around all night long helping him undress and feeding him beverage that would help him feel better in the morning and he didn't even know who she was?

Standing where she was, she said in resignation, "Xu WanZhi."

Unexpectedly, he paused for a while, then busted out laughing as though she had just said something very funny. He waved his hand and said, "No, you are not Xu WanZhi."

Xu WanZhi, too, was a little stunned. She opened up her mouth a little and, in that moment, was not able to tell if he meant what he said or whether he was just drunk.

Outside of the window came another thundering noise... It was probably going to be another thunderous night.

He rolled over and faced upward. Placing his right hand over his forehead and with his left hand still holding onto her wrist tightly, he said, "You are definitely not Xu WanZhi. So, tell me, who are you really, hmm?"