Chapter Thirty One

"You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind, until now you have become the very thing you sworn to destroy."
-Obi-Wan Kenobi

❆ ❆ ❆

"I don't believe you." Obi-Wan said adamantly as he watched Anakin who stood before him in front of the council.

"I know this may sound like the biggest lie anyone's ever twisted, but I can assure you . . . Oriel Dune has turned to the dark side." Anakin sighed as it ripped his heart through his chest to say those words.

Obi-Wan didn't know what to say, he just leaned his elbow on his knee and covered his mouth in disbelief. The worst part was that it was all his fault.

"I'm so sorry Master Kenobi, I know how much she meant to you." Anakin said apologetically, knowing how much Obi-Wan loved the woman. How much he loves the woman.

The words hurt Obi-Wan even more, hearing Anakin say meant as if she was long gone into the past.

"If she is as dangerous as you say then she must be stopped." Master Windu said and this caught Obi-Wan's attention.

"What did you say?" He asked in disbelief. "Just like that you're going to abandon her?"

"Master Kenobi we are not the ones who are abandoning anyone here, she left us must I remind you. Oriel Dune is now a enemy to Republic and must be put to an end." Master Windu said sternly to Obi-Wan.

"She hasn't left us completely. Not yet." Anakin interrupted. "When I fought her, she was fighting herself. Her eyes flickering and every time she gained herself again she would tell me to run." He said recalling the memory that felt more like a nightmare.

"If this is true, then why would she allow the darkside in her mind in the first place?" Master Luminara asked.

"I believe it was in her interest to get revenge." He answered eyeing off Obi-wan. "Not join an enemy army."

"Revenge on the Republic?" Master Stass Allie asked confused.

"No." Anakin said and he wasn't sure what to say next as he didn't want to expose Obi-Wan or Oriel.

"Revenge on . . . the council. She thinks you've been treating her unfairly and, well like you no longer care about her. Oriel only wishes to inflict the same pain on you that she feels on herself." Anakin explained and the whole time didn't break eye contact with Obi-Wan so he knew that, what he had said, was aimed at him.

"Personally I agree with her, it's just she's dug to deep and she won't get back out without help." He finished finally breaking his glare at his old Master.

"Help, you suggest? Do this, how do you plan?" Master Yoda asked and for once, Anakin could feel his emotions, it seems the situation was really breaking down Master Yoda as well.

"We show her what she really means to us, and that what anyone else says about her doesn't matter." Anakin said once again directing it to Obi-Wan.

"Allow you to try, we do. Hurts to say it does, but if truly lost she is, destroyed she must be." Master Yoda said looking towards the floor trying to comprehend the matter at hand.

"Master Kenobi, you are close to Oriel, you are our best chance at bringing her back. Take Anakin with you in case of the worst." Master Aayla instructed although both of them thought it would only make things worse.

"What about Duchess Satine? She will still need protecting." Obi-Wan asked and he mentally scolded himself for putting the Duchess' needs in front of his wife's once again.

"Hmm." Master Yoda thought and it looked as if he was trying to see what the future would hold.

"Come with you, the Duchess will. Help the situation, she will." Master Yoda nodded to himself in agreement with the force.