14. Flirty

The door opens into a huge room, one which would be probably even more vast if it weren't for the clutter within it. Metal sheets and scrap parts are piled up around the room, and in the middle of the room is a fierce looking contraption.

"Is that a tank?" She asks, stepping over to the beast with the drills up front.

"Well observed." His voice is laced with sarcasm.

"Why do you need a tank?"

"I don't."

"Then why—"

He cuts her off, saying, "Because my dear, I might have underestimated little Ethan and his friends."

"Ethan?"

Heisenberg waves a hand as he moves around an oil can. "Don't worry, baby doll. He's got nothing on me. But this?" He spins on his boots, ever more animated with a swish of his arm towards the tank. "This will help him on his way to take out that crazy bitch."

"Lady D?"

He dashes to her with a single stride, grabbing her upper arms. "Miranda!"

"Mother Miranda?" It's as much an exclamation as a question.

Heisenberg pulls her towards him and drops his hands to her lower back, swaying slightly. "Too right, and then I – we – can get out of here."

The idea of betraying Mother Miranda suddenly seems so small... After all, she has a new God to worship. All they have to do now is wait, and she can think of a few things they can do in the meantime…