Purple Rain: Eddie Munson

I never meant to cause you any sorrow

I never meant to cause you any pain

I only wanted one time to see you laughing

I only want to see you laughing in the purple rain

You were in shock when you finally woke up from Venca's curse and saw Steve and Robin sitting next to you looking worried instead of your boyfriend which confused you. You pulled your headphones off as purple rain kept playing and as if your friends knew what you were thinking, they moved to the side where you saw Eddie holding Chrissy. 

"I...I...I don't understand why did he save her and not me? I'm his girlfriend." You said on the verge of tears. 

"I didn't understand either we told him we could get Chrissy back as long as he told us her favorite song but he insisted on us helping you and him helping her." Robin said sadly wrapping her arms around you. 

You sat there watching how he checked over her injuries and made she was okay and made her laugh and it felt like you were invisible like it didn't matter if you survived Venca or not.

"Come on let's get you home." Steve said helping you up off the ground as Robin grabbed your things. 

You three were walking back to Steve's car when someone tug on your arm and make you turn around and see your so-called boyfriend looking at you worried. You looked at Steve and Robin who said they give you some space as they asked Chrissy to come with them so you two could talk. 

"Were you just gonna leave without telling me? I was worried about you." He said making you scoff. 

"Yeah sure seemed like it. That's why you choose to save Chrissy over me your girlfriend." You said rolling your eyes. 

"Sweetheart..." He started to say. 

"Don't you even date start that sweetheart nonsense. I was worried about not getting back to you or them but you weren't even there. I was so confused and hurt when I came to and saw Steve and Robin instead of you the person who's supposed to love me and care me if I die or not but I guess that isn't the case anymore." You said turning on your heel and leaving him standing there to think about his actions. 

"Sweetheart please..." He said grabbing your arm.

"Eddie do you understand I could've died and I'm not saying Chrissy deserves to die but you could let Steven and Robin help her...You were the only thing I focused on while trapped in there and then when I woke up and you weren't there....hurt a lot." You said while the tears leaked down your face before leaving Eddie standing there to think about what he did. 

"Can we go home now?" You asked Steve who nodded his head at you. 

"Hey, I had no idea that he was going to save me first......and I'm sorry for that he did that I know I would've wanted my boyfriend to be there when I woke up." Chrissy said as you nodded your head at her whispering thank you as you climbed into Steve's car.