23

Astrid nestled into me as we walked into the restaurant

"Why's everyone looking at us?"

"They have nothing better to do."

"Or maybe it's because everyone else is wearing fancy stuff and I'm here in sweatpants and papa's hoodie."

I looked down at her and nodded. "It's clearly because you look adorable. I must hide you."

She laughed and snuggled more into me as I talked to the manager.

"Alright, the private room's not available so we have to sit here," I said turning to Astrid.

She frowned. "You didn't even ask for a private room. You literally just told them to clear that table, which is very rude of you if I might say so."

"Shut up." I pulled out her chair and motioned her to sit. "What do you want?"

"Uh- what's sushi?"

"It's a Japanese thing, it has rice and veggies and fish. And it's usually raw fish, you want?"

She shook her head so hard I thought it was gonna fall off, it didn't. "You want veg sushi then?"

"Is it good?"

"I like it, I mean I've never tried the one with veggies because who likes those but the other are pretty good."

"I'll have the vegetable sushi."

"I'll have the soba noodles." I said returning the menus to the waiter.

"Please," the ever so polite lady butted in with a smile while I just rolled my eyes.

"Adonis is here with his girlfriend isn't he?"

I raised my eyebrow, "what makes you think that?"

She shrugged and kept looking at me.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes. "He's here. But that's not why we're here, we're here to have dinner."

"We could've had that at home." Astrid mumbled.

I was shocked at her behavior. She's always so quiet and shy and scared. It's refreshing to see her talk with so much confidence. "Just shut up and enjoy the food."

"The food's not here yet."

I sighed angrily. Where's the damn food.

After a while of her pestering me with stupid questions the food finally arrived.

I watched as Astrid tried to lift the sushi with her chopsticks. Her cheeks puffed up at the amount of concentration she was giving in this simple task.

"I can't do this," she said slamming
her chopsticks down.

"I'll help. But remind me to teach you how to hold these later."