03.3

[act three; chapter three     -     the world of possibilities]

Zara was over the moon. Not literally of course, but you know...nevermind. She was incredibly excited, elated, overjoyed, pretty much any good feeling that there was, she was feeling. Luckily she and Jason had been able to sneak away from the group of demigods, wanting some time alone together.

And of course the one place that they both wanted to go was their spot. It wasn't anything special, really, just an open area of grass that was never full of people. It was usually quiet and peaceful, the kind of place that was hard to come by in New Rome and Camp Jupiter.

Zara kept herself as close to Jason as he allowed, their hands constantly linked together, legs brushing. The blonde boy gently laid his forehead against hers, pushing her dark brown hair out of the way because it tickled against his skin. He smiled as a laugh bubbled from her lips, spreading into his favourite sight—her smile.

It made him feel warm and gooey inside, like he was a marshmallow on the roasting stick, melting off from the warmth of the fire that was her smile.

When she smiled, two little dimples appeared on either side, creating a slight dent in her cheeks. Jason grinned and poked both of them before smoothing his hands out to cup her jaw in either hand. "Dimples."

Zara groaned, "No, not that nickname. Gods, it's like all of you, well, it's really just you and Donnie, but—"

She was silenced by his lips meeting hers, smiling against each other with the only feeling that Jason could describe as complete and utter love.

As they pulled away, a tear rolled down Zara's cheek. The son of Jupiter immediately brushed it away with his thumb and frowned.

"What's wrong, Z?"