。twenty 。

♡

robin and steve sat on their chairs, still strapped together with a belt. they had both been injected with a truth serum from the russians, who had left the room while they waited for it to kick in. their bodies felt lighter and they felt better after being slapped and punched.

"honestly, i don't really feel anything." steve hummed. "do you?"

"i mean, i... i feel fine. i feel normal." robin replied.

"yeah, i feel- i feel fine. i kind feel good." steve admitted and they both laughed.

"wanna know a secret?" robin asked, leaning her head back on his.

"what?" steve pushed.

"i like it, too!" robin exclaimed giddily. "i feel good."

"morons. they messed up the drug." steve chuckled.

"they messed it up!" robin repeated. "morons."

"morons!"

"hey, morons!"

"moron! mor-" robin cut herself off, laughing.

"whoa-oh!" steve yelled.

"oh, no. there's definitely something wrong with us." robin said with wide eyes and a grin.

"something's wrong." steve agreed, also beaming.

the buzzer for the door sounded and guard walked back in with zharkov, the solider who held the door open leaving once they'd gone in. robin tilted her head back and looked up at the guard almost comically before he moved around to stand in front of steve.

robin chuckled as zharkov placed some tools on a tray, one she recognised as a bone-saw, "would now be a good time to tell you that i don't like doctors?"

"let's try this again, yes?" the guard prompted and steve nodded, humming in agreement as he poked his tongue on the inside of his cheek. "who do you work for?"

"scoops." steve answered and both teenagers chuckled. "scoops ahoy."

"how did you find us?" the guard demanded.

"totally by accident." steve chuckled.

"больше лжи." the guard said to zharkov. (more lies)

zharkov grabbed a pair of pliers and clipped them in his hand as steve looked back at him, in slight amusement, "what is that shiny little toy?"

"where you going with that, doc?" robin asked.

"whoa, whoa, hey, hey." steve started when zharkov grabbed his finger and placed the pliers on his fingernail. "wait! no! wait! wait! whoa!"

"there was a code! there was a code! we heard a code!" robin admitted hurriedly a zharkov paused his movements.

"code." the guard began, strolling around to stand in front of robin. "what code?"

"'the week is long. the silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west.' blah, blah, blah." robin replied. "you broadcast that stupid spy shit all over town, and we picked it up on our cerebro, and we cracked it in a day. a day! you think you're so smart, but a couple of kids who scoop ice cream for a living cracked, your code on a day, and now, people know you're here."

"who knows we are here, сука?" the guard demanded. (bitch)

"uh, well, dustin knows." steve spoke up.

"hey, steve?" robin said, meaning for him to stop talking.

"yeah, dustin henderson, he knows." steve continued.

"steve!" robin groaned, slumping in her seat slightly as steve laughed.

"dustin henderson." the guard repeated. "it is your small, curly-hairs friend?"

"oh, curly-haired. great hair. small. kinda like a 'fro. yeah." steve agreed.

"where is he?" the guard asked. 

"he's long gone, you big asshole. and he's probably calling hopper, and hopper's calling the us cavalry. they're gonna come in here, commando-style, guns a-blazin', and kick your sorry asses back to russia. you're gonna be two pieces of toast." steve snickered, roving giggling as well.

the guard bent slight to be face-to-face with steve, "is that so?"

"yeah." steve shrugged making them laugh loudly again.

a sudden alarm blaring made the russians' smiles fall. steve looked at them smugly, shrugging again almost cockily, but in a drunk way. the guard left the room to see many capsules of the chemical weapon shattered on the floor, making a large hole cave there.

in the room, the door swung open and dustin yelled, stabbing the electric baton into zharkov's chest which burnt through his leather apron and made him collapse to the floor. erica and adella were behind him, the cuban woman wiping some blood from her nose after killing the guard that had found them before they could sneak away from the centre of the base.

"hey! henderson!" steve cheered. "that's crazy, i was just talking about you."

"oh, my god!" robin exclaimed and then looked to see adella taking the tape from her bound wrists. "adella!"

"what?" she asked, smiling slightly when she saw the scooper grinning at her.

"hi." robin giggled.

"hey." adella smiled once she'd completely took the tape off.

"get ready to run." dustin ordered, pulling the belt from around them.

{796}