~Thinking of Someone (Sokeefe)~

This is a little gift for noprobllama75, but I'll tag all the other Sokeefe shippers here because why not?

Thank you for writing the Fedex oneshot in your book, Llama!! You're the best! :D Hope you enjoy your oneshot. Here you go!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Sophie's POV✩

Sophie was thinking of someone, but that someone wasn't who everyone thought they were.

Sophie noticed the way her friends whispered jokes and snickered to each other when Fitz walked into the room. Sophie noticed the way her friends smirked at her when Fitz suggested they should do Cognate exercises.

And at first, Sophie believed that her friends were right in the moment with Fitz at Everglen, when he blurted out that he wanted her to be on his match list.

But now, all those feelings seemed to have vanished when Fitz walked away from her after she told him she wasn't going to search for her biological parents anymore. Fitz left.

And she was supposed to be sad. Except that she wasn't.

She was busy. Thinking of someone else. The problem?

That person would never love her back. Ever. Because when that person teased her about her and Fitz, she knew it was just for fun. Just fun jokes. Fun jokes that were secretly as painful as daggers to the heart, but Sophie could never tell him that.

Nevertheless, Sophie's mind away flickered back to his fluffy blonde hair and golden smirk that haunted her dreams and ice blue eyes that seemed to carry a glint of humor in them when he was happy. but Sophie knew she would never make him happy, she did!

There was always a small voice in Sophie's head though, keeping her hopes up enough that she would never be able to let him go, no matter how hard she tried. The voice, whenever he winked at her or hugged her tightly, whispered possibilities to Sophie that she knew would never come true.

So she watched as he teased her and joked about them, not knowing that those things he joked about them doing were the things Sophie wanted most in the world.

So Sophie did what any normal person would do in that situation where you can't get over a crush that doesn't like you.

You hang out with said crush. Because if you avoid them, they'll think something is wrong. Maybe even feel a little hurt and think that you don't want to spend time with them, even though you do.

So that was why Sophie was light leaping to the Shores of Solace, to visit Keefe Sencen. She hated going to his house for reasons being his dad, whose smile dripped with insincerity like oil and was the polar opposite of pleasant. But Keefe's smirks and jokes and laughs and teasing made it all worthwhile, even though said jokes, in a way, were even more unpleasant than his father.

"Sophie?" Keefe asked as Sophie made her way up the stairs, to the one place Keefe told her he felt like he could breath, a balcony overlooking the black sanded beach, with swinging benches decorated with little pillows and cushioned chairs. Birds squawked overhead them as salty breeze blew through Sophie's blonde hair.

"Keefe, hi!" Sophie said, sitting down on the chair next to Keefe.

"Hi," he said sulkily, kicking the bottom of the swing with his feet.

Sophie frowned with concern. "Are you okay?" she asked him, brushing her hand against his hand that was propped up by a pristine glass table.

"I'm, fine, I just..." Keefe sighed, his ice blue eyes gazing out at the salty ocean waves. "I feel like Fitz is ignoring me."

"What? Why?" Sophie asked genuinely, tipping her head at Keefe sympathetically.

"You know why," Keefe grumbled. "Ever since you and him broke up..." Keefe's voice faltered hopelessly.

"Ever since we broke up...?" I prompted.

"Ever since you guys broke up, he's been being really cold and distant," Keefe confessed, causing me to feel even more confused.

"Why?" I asked Keefe, a pool of awkwardness filling my stomach gradually, because deep down, I knew exactly why Fitz was feeling awkward around Keefe.

"Because..." Keefe smiled a guilty curve of his lips. "It doesn't matter, anyway."

"No, seriously, why?" I pressed, gripping Keefe's hand tightly. Keefe smiled at me sadly, but turned away and looked at the rising and falling waves of the beach.

"Keefe, look at me." Keefe turned his ice blue eyes back to me reluctantly. "I don't want anything between you and Fitz to be awkward. You guys are friends. You guys have been best friends since forever, and the last thing I want to do is to break that apart. So please talk to me, because I know there's something I could do if you would just let me help. Please."

"Foster, thank you, but just drop it, okay?" Keefe urged. "There's nothing you can do. I'm sorry."

"At least tell me why you and Fitz don't get along anymore?" I asked Keefe. Soft tears trickled down his cheeks, falling onto the sandy white cushions on his chair.

"Foster, Fitz..." Keefe opened his mouth, then closed it again. He then blurted out the words that would change everything.

"Foster, I love you. Fitz feels awkward around me because I love you, a-and he loves you too. He still does, after all this time." Keefe wiped his eyes with the back of his hands while I was stuck gaping my mouth at him that might as well have been encased in ice. "And I know you're a real person with real emotions, not a toy Fitz and I get to fight over. So please, just go. I can't just sit here and know I'm keeping you away from him."

"Keefe..." I whispered, tears streaming down my face. Were they happy tears? Tears of sadness? Heartbreak? Joy?

I flung my arms around him, grabbing the back of his neck with my fingers, digging my nails into his neck so that he wouldn't leave. So that we would stay that way forever, or until Keefe realized that I didn't want to go to Fitz and toss him aside.

"I love you, Keefe," I whispered softly into his ear. The tension in his body loosened as he flew his own arms around me, grabbing me and pulling me into him, holding me tightly.

"I love you, too, Foster," Keefe said as the tears in his eyes dried, leaving lines of moist skin under his eyes from crying.

"You know I would never leave you, right?" I asked him, my voice shaking as I gripped his neck harder, puncturing his skin and leaving trails of blood down his back.

"I know that now, Foster," he promised, sinking into me like a deflated balloon, the air sucked out of him leaving a husk of a person behind.

"I'll talk to Fitz," I promised soothingly, loosening my grip on his neck and I pushed him away slightly to look into his eyes determinedly. "And I will do anything in my power to have your friendship survive, if it's the last thing I ever fucking do."

"Thank you, Sophie," Keefe breathed his hot breath into the crook of my neck as he pulled me in for another hug. "For caring."