19

K I N G

"You shouldn't be with her. She's drama and trouble," Liam tells me while we're about to walk into our main building. I stop and pull him to the side because clearly, he didn't say everything he needed to say in the car.

"I'm tired of you telling me who I can and can't be with. I like Ella, and she's the first woman I've liked for a while! You know what happened in my last relationship, let me be happy for once," I respond frustrated and flaring my nostrils.

Ella and I haven't spoken in a week and I'm sure she's pissed at me for beating her dad near death.

He called her all kinds of bitches and that pushed me over the edge because I hate that word being thrown at women. Especially a woman I'm sleeping with.

"She isn't going to last. She's going to leave you as the last one did. You don't see the type of person she is," Liam throws his hands in the air and widens his eyes.

"Enlighten me on who she is. Since you know so goddamn much about her," I cross my arms and lean against the brick of the building.

"She's 19 for starters. She wants money, sex, and after she gets what she can outta you, you are gonna bury yourself in work again and find a new gold digger that's going to do the same," he huffs, "and don't ask me how I got this information."

He got it out of his penetrated asshole like he does everything else.

"You already know I'm going to ask you that. Stop playing with me and my time," I look at my watch, "I don't know why you and David keep bringing up her age. If she didn't want to do things with me I wouldn't have made her," I look back at Liam, "and my attraction to her doesn't come from her age."

I know Ella is young, and she's the first younger girl I've been with. I usually do care about age and I strictly only dated women my age or older, but they're treating me like I'm forcing myself on her.

I would never hurt her in any way.

"That does not change the fact you're growing weak and dad isn't going to like that, watch," he points his finger and my face.

I'm tired of being nice to my brother and he's on the verge of being treated like everyone else.

I grab his finger and twist it, "did you forget that I make the calls? Dad doesn't run this anymore, I do, and if you try something like this again it's your head. Now cut the shit, and get to work." I release his finger, and the only reason I started speaking Russian to him is so I can yell at him with a higher chance of no one knowing what I'm saying.

He looks at me with twisted lips and looks like he's fighting not to say something back, "go ahead and say what you have to say, so I can beat your ass right here," his expression soon turns into watery eyes and raised eyebrows.

When he walks into the building I run my hand across my face.

Coming here was a big mistake.

I'm supposed to be focusing on my company and who's trying to raid it, not drama with the girl I'm fucking. My feelings for her and everything is going to be gone as soon as I leave, and my life will be back to normal.

Hopefully...

After I get myself together I walk into the building only to see Ella laughing with some man. She's smiling harder than she does when I'm around.

I power walk over to them and I stand directly behind Ella putting my arms around her and kissing the side of her head, "rose," she turns her head to the side seeing it's me, and responds with an awkward laugh, "hi, King."

There's silence.

"Oh um... Leo this is my friend, King, and-" I interrupt her saying, "we're a little more than friends, isn't that right," I say through grit teeth.

"Well, it's nice to see Ella finally in a good relationship," Leo voices, and I move to the side of Ella putting my arm over her shoulders, "I love this woman and she's been through hell."

Oh, he loves her?..

"Let me correct you...," I point my finger at him, "you love," I press my pointer finger against my chest, "MY woman."

What is he even doing in my building?

"King? Hunny... he's married to my cousin," Ella laughs but I still don't find shit funny, so I look at her unamused, "Okay... I'm going to go because I have to speak to Liam about something, but call me when you're done acting like a brat," she does kiss me and says bye to her cousin before walking off.

What is wrong with me?...

"I'm sorry about that," I hold my hand out and Leo shakes it, "is there anything I can do for you? Or are you here for an interview," I ask releasing the handshake.

"Nah dude you're good I'm the same way about mine, but I just came to drop Ella off," he explains and nods his head before walking off.

I go upstairs and walk into my office listening to Liam and Ella go back and forth, "but that has nothing to do with me getting another job," Ella says sounding and looking frustrated at Liam.

"It has everything to do with you getting another job. If you can't handle being under pressure then you need to stick to fucking my brother because this business isn't for you," Liam hollers.

"I'll prove it's for me if you let me do the damn job," she says sounding like she's begging.

"What's going on," I ask interrupting the argument.

Liam sits down at my office seat and says, "she wants to do the job involving Mr. Rodriguez and his documents," Liam says and I immediately want to say no.

That man is dangerous and has killed many of our people, no one has convinced his people to leave a room so they could get those documents. They're connected to his bank accounts and if we get those we'll have his money, and he won't have anyone working for him anymore.

"Hunny don't say no, I can do it," she looks at me with confidence, but that's not enough to convince me.

"That man is dangerous, he could kill you," I state and she shrugs her shoulders.

"We all die some way, and I'm sure there's another way we can go about this. Maybe y'all are making things complicated," she says trying to change my mind.

"Or maybe you need to stop opening your mouth when a dick isn't in it," Liam says spinning in the seat.

"Oh shut up... I bet I can suck better than you," Ella says before I could get the chance to.

I think about what she said, and the plan comes to me.

"I think she's right," I state looking at Ella impressed.

She crosses her arms and smiles at me.

"Of course you do," Liam huffs.

"No, I have a plan. Here me out..."

S O C I A L SInstagram : @pultoewritesPinterest: @pultoeeTiktok: @pultoe

S O C I A L S
Instagram : @pultoewrites
Pinterest: @pultoee
Tiktok: @pultoe