06.

UP IN FLAMES

CHAPTER SIX 

Liv shot up in a rush, letting out a cry as she blinked rapidly, taking in her surroundings. She was in a metal room, but not exactly like one in Mount Weather. More like the Ark, and it was then when the recollection of last night's events came back at her at full force.

She remembered trekking her way through the woods, finally resulting in herself finding the Ark crash landed on the ground, hustling and bustling with people. Her people.

Liv felt a sharp pain in her arm, the girl glancing down to see a row of stitches closing her wound up from where she cut the tracker out.

"Hey, easy there," a masculine voice spoke, Liv glancing over to see a middle aged man seated in the seat beside her. Liv raised a brow at him in questioning, wondering who the hell he was. "I'm Doctor Jake Ryan, and you must be one of the one hundred."

Liv merely nodded her head hesitantly, Jake smiling warmly at her.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I just got hit by a truck," Liv mumbled, trailing the tip of her index finger along the stitches.

Jake chuckled at the young girl, questioning, "Do you know where you are? Who you are? You came in late and needed medical attention immediately so no one was able to identify who you were."

Liv tore the covers of the bed that she was lying in off of her, taking notice of the new outfit she was in. She had a soft t - shirt on, a new pair of jeans and boots placed beside the bed. She began to tug them on, ready to get out there and back to Mount Weather.

Now that she was here, she could get some weapons, some back up, and save Ash as well as the rest of her friends.

Jake quickly made his way in front of the girl who was in a rush, speaking, "Hey, take it easy there. You need rest."

Liv simply shook her head, muttering, "I don't need rest, I need to find my brother and my friends."

A look crossed Jake's face, one that Liv was unable to read well. It was almost like a look of realization, but Liv simply shrugged it off, standing up and grabbing hold of the light jacket on the night stand beside the bed she was in.

"You lost a lot of blood," Jake continued, Liv nodding her head. "Care to explain what happened. You can't lose that much blood from a wound to the arm, especially since you were able to take care of it pretty well."

Liv tugged her jacket on, turning to face him quickly. "I was in Mount Weather, and that's where I need to go back to so that my friends don't become some science miracle to the psychos in there. I just - I need to find my brother."

Jake simply stared at the girl, now realizing that he was able to see glimpses of Lee and Marilyn Ross in the girl, able to realize who she was the moment she said she had a brother. He was the one who initially tried to help her mother and father.

She was his best friend's daughter.

As he stared at her, Liv merely raised a brow in confusion, shaking her head in annoyance. "Look, I'm leaving. I have to get help and save my friends."

And with that, Liv took out of the room, jogging down the hallway. She began to grow with speed, a determined look on her face. She remembered her experience inside the harvest chamber, and she also remembered Cage's threat. The psycho wasn't going to take it lightly, which means his first target will be Ash, which means she has to get him the hell out of there.

The unfamiliar hallways of the Ark passed her by, Liv simply following down it until she saw an opening, the bright light from the outside shining inside the Ark.