Chapter-25

Cara Jones POV

I ran to Ace his stomach is bleeding. Just as David was about to shoot me, Ace pushed aside and took the bullet for me.

"ACEEE....", I sat down and put his head in my lap giving kisses all over his face.

I saw Zack came fast and fought with David, soon police came bursting though the door and hit David in his knees which made him drop the gun that he was holding. They dragged David away, while all the while David kept shouting.

"YOU ARE MINE CARAAA...ONLY MINE", he shouted and I saw him being pulled into the police van while driving away. But I didn't pay attention to anyone. I am crying for the man I love that is lying in my arms.

"No...NO Ace. Why did you do this? Why, you idiot?", I asked loudly while kissing his forehead. He smiled as I called him idiot.

"Love, I promised you that I will take care of you with my life and keep you safe and I am just putting up to my promise. I would have regretted it if the bullet hit you", he said while holding to the spot where he got shot.

"I love you Ace. I love you so much. I wanted to say it from a long time, but I just didn't dare. Please don't leave me, please. I love you so so much", finally I confessed. He has a huge smile on his face and his eyes lit up.

"I knew it. I knew it from a long time that you love me. Thank you. Thank you so much for finally accepting it. I love you too Cara, so much".

"I know", I told him almost in a whisper. Soon Zack came to my side.

"Cara, we should take him to the hospital fast. There is no time to call ambulance and wait for it to come", he said while panting. I just nodded my head in response with tears still falling down my eyes.

We carried Ace to the car back seat and I put his head in my lap. We started driving. Siara is in front seat beside Zack. She is unconscious. Zack is driving as fast as he can while I ran my hands through Ace's hair, he had a smile on his face.

Ace is slowy closing his eyes while I kept rubbing his hands to keep him warm.

"Ace no. Don't close your eyes".

"Cara?", he said while trying to keep his eyes open.

"Mmm".

"Just call me idiot once", he asked. I couldn't help the tears taht are falling endlessly.

"Idiot. My idiot. You know you are really an idiot. Who told you to take the bullet huh? I can't live without you Ace. You are a big idiot. Just get well soon, then I will tell you how much of an idiot you are".

"Cara, I am sorry I didn't come on time. But I am happy that you are safe now. I told you I will happily take a bullet for you", he said his eyes slowly drooping.

"Ace, please don't close your eyes. Please... Here look into my eyes. Please Ace... Please", I pleaded him.

"Cara... tell me you love me again".

"I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you Ace", I said kissing his cheek.

"I knew you couldn't resist my charms", he said laughing at his own joke which made me smile. His eyes slowly closed and the last words he said were, "I love you too Cara".

"NO,NO, NO...NO this can't happen, Ace open your eyes. Ace please. Zack drive fast", I said holding his face to my chest. I can't live without you Ace.

"Yeah, I am on it Cara", he said while raising the speed driving as fast as he could.

We soon reached the hospital. We got out fast and nurses got him on the streatcher moving him as fast as they could to the operation theatere. Zack helped Siara to get her medical help.