7

I guess I ended up visiting him. If there's a single place I hate the most, then it's the hospital. School takes second place.

I stride to the counter, mentioning his name. I was expecting an interrogation of some sort. Questions such as, if I was a relative or something.

Surprisingly, they never came. I was simply given the floor and room, as well as the state of the patient.

I find myself steadying my nervous breath. I'm not the type to let nervousness take over my system. But for some odd reason, I'm feeling a huge wave of emotions flooding throughout my body. They leave tingles at the tip of my fingers, to the ends of my toes.

He's within the walls of a private room. I grab the door and slide it open. The silence kicks in, sending a shiver down my spine. It's much colder in here than outside.

The moment I step inside, there's a restroom to my left side. It's left half open. Just enough for me to spot the shower head as well as the edge of the bowl.

Right around the corner is where the patient must be.

Is it too late to go back now? It most definitely is.

A pillow goes flying the second I see the edge of the bed. In order to avoid getting smacked by the pillow, I quickly pull my head back.

Did he just throw that? There's no one around. It's definitely him.

"How many times do I have to say it uh? Go away!"

I recognize that voice. But the strong passion within the tone- its different.

"It's me. Y/n." Just to make sure he doesn't hit me with a pillow, I announce my presence. Taehyung sets the pillow down when he sees me, tilting his head to the side. The latter has an arm up like he's ready to fling the pillow once more. He shouldn't be lifting his arm. Especially with the one injected with a tube. He'll hurt himself even more.

A little ache strikes in my chest at the sight of the bandaid around his head. There's been rumors circling around school. They said it was a miracle he even survived that fall. And maybe. Just maybe. I wanted to confirm it myself. With my own two eyes. That he was really alright.

"What are you doing here?"

I open my mouth only to close it again. Why does it feel like my throat's been clogged up? Am I really having a hard time telling him that I just wanted to check up on him?

"About that." I trail off with my thought In a mess. "I don't know."

I can't tell him that I was worried. I can't tell him that I was checking up on him. I can't tell him that I missed him.

What?

I missed him?

Scratching the back of my head, I take a step back. "I guess uh. I'll get going." I'm stepping backwards while trying not to trip on my own two feet.

"But you just got here." He says with a tilt of his head.

"And I'm leaving now." Leaving no room for a reply, I make it out of there with the company of  my pacing heart.

At the rate it's going, it's safe to say I won't be returning any time soon.

Present

"You really went through all that trouble just to bring me to a different cafe uh? I'll be completely honest with you okay? You confuse me."

I glance around the unfamiliar interiors of the cafeteria. In all honesty, it's giving off a more library aura rather than a place that serves coffee and pastries. Actually, it's a well combined mixture of the two.

One can enjoy a cup of coffee while reading a good book. Every angle of this place seems to scream expensive.

"Why did you leave?"

"I mean it was obvious wasn't it? We had to go to college."

Taehyung's expression remains the same, watching my every move firmness.

I feel a chill slither down my spine, distracting myself by taking a sip from my drink. It's hard enough to breath with this tense atmosphere.

"Why did you leave me?"

I find myself avoiding his gaze while gently setting my drink down. In the back of my head, I'm finding ways to get out of here.

"Like I said. College-"

"I won't fall for that crap, Y/n. I know very well you didn't leave because of that." He intercepts. "So why uh?"

"I can't answer that."

"Then I guess you're not going anywhere. Not until you give me the answer I'm looking for."